5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official thread for pictures of Ram towing campers

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have sealed all seams with a product know as "Eternabond" tape.
That stuff is the devil. Having worked on RVs this stuff is for emergency use only. Take the extra time and money and do it right. I'm not a huge fan of Dicor either.

The Rv Roof Man Has a great product and lots of info on how to reseal your roof properly.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That stuff is the devil. Having worked on RVs this stuff is for emergency use only. Take the extra time and money and do it right. I'm not a huge fan of Dicor either.

The Rv Roof Man Has a great product and lots of info on how to reseal your roof properly.
I agree the product can be difficult to work with but if you do the proper prep work & take your time it is fine.
And respectfully, I disagree that it is for emergency use/repairs only...

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree the product can be difficult to work with but if you do the proper prep work & take your time it is fine.
And respectfully, I disagree that it is for emergency use/repairs only...
Not to get side tracked too much, if the product was/is so great why don't RV repair facilities use it like you have?

TrueNorth

Reaction score
Whats the weight of your new trailer? What kinds of terrain will you frequent?
Dry weight of our 2109s is 4373lbs. We dont go off roading but have put 100’s of kms on it on gravel roads. We added a 4 mil layer of ClearPlex to the trailer windshield and added a Rockstar Full-width Tow Flap to the truck - both did an amazing job on our trip to Alaska. If you’re interested, here’s a link to our review of the tow flap. Mods, if this isn’t allowed pls delete or let me know and I will edit . Tx.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dry weight of our 2109s is 4373lbs. We dont go off roading but have put 100’s of kms on it on gravel roads. We added a 4 mil layer of ClearPlex to the trailer windshield and added a Rockstar Full-width Tow Flap to the truck - both did an amazing job on our trip to Alaska. If you’re interested, here’s a link to our review of the tow flap. Mods, if this isn’t allowed pls delete or let me know and I will edit . Tx.
Thats good info, but I wasn't checking into stats for myself. I saw that SpikeMike was pulling with a V6 as well and wanted to give him so info from a similar perspective.

Our trailer is just shy of 4,500lb and my pentastar pulls quite well on flat roads or soft inclines. Hit a big hill and you can either choose to rev out 6-7k to maintain 100km/h, or chill and save your gas while cruising over the hill steadily at 4k and 60km/h. I typically choose the latter.

Otherwise, I have had no problems pulling. My longest trip so far was 12hrs one way.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to get side tracked too much, if the product was/is so great why don't RV repair facilities use it like you have?
Yes let's not derail this thread... I don't want to get sent to the penalty box! (banned for a while)

I cannot speak for the thousands & thousands of RV dealerships/repair facilities and what they use or don't use. I researched the product in question, spoke with fellow RV'ers and spoke at length with a local mobile RV repair service.
Each of us make decisions on many things in life based on the merits of each situation. I made a decision based on information I personally obtained. The product has been on my rig for a year. Let's have this conversation again in 5 years...

SpikeMike

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Lone Star 3.6L V6 Pentastar towing a 2024 Flagstaff 21FBRS. The travel trailer is 4470 lbs dry weight and 5837 GVWR. Towing it to Stephen F Austin State Park, the trailer was probably around 5000 lbs. In the pictures, the load leveling hitch still needed some adjustment. For such a small trailer, the tongue weight is actually pretty heavy. Since adjusting, it really tows and rides well. 20231021_160720.jpg 20231021_160633.jpg 20231104_135856.jpg

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 173070

I have a little sag in this one that was actually corrected with another link on the WDH

Maybe it's just the image but it looks great to me! It's not necessary to remove all the "sag", I actually prefer a bit as I want that weight on the rear for stability. So for me, a little bit of sag in the rear and a level or tiny bit of dip in the front of the trailer is ideal.

Very hard to say from this perspective, but I probably would have lowered the front of the trailer a smidge and left the truck as is. But more than one way to get it right, as long as it feels good to you of course.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 95304
North trail ultra light 24’ BHS. Using a WDH. Tows like a champ. May look into airbags more a little more leveling soon
Realize it's been awhile since this post but curious how you like the North Country 24BHS. I'm looking at upgrading my travel trailer and that model is at the top of my list.

DOFF

Reaction score
Realize it's been awhile since this post but curious how you like the North Country 24BHS. I'm looking at upgrading my travel trailer and that model is at the top of my list.
Trailer has been great for us. No issues with electrical or leaks, tows great. Only down side were the bunks not having a ladder from the factory but we bolted on some handles for the kids and made it work.

Users who are viewing this thread