5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official thread for pictures of Ram towing campers

RamFan2019

Reaction score
That's a beautiful trailer and I'll give ya props, that's a huge trailer for a half ton. My personal limit was a couple of 33' trailers we had in the past. Enjoy it.
Thank you! Yeah it’s at the upper
end of a half ton’s capabilities, though it towed super well taking it home! We pretty much camp within a 4 hour radius (most of the time less), if we were going further or multi day tows I would upgrade to a 3/4 Ton.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! Yeah it’s at the upper
end of a half ton’s capabilities, though it towed super well taking it home! We pretty much camp within a 4 hour radius (most of the time less), if we were going further or multi day tows I would upgrade to a 3/4 Ton.
If it tows easy, why?

Davidbt

Reaction score
Is that a park? Or did you just happen to find a wide open plot of land?
It's called Las Cienegas NCA. I think it's a conservancy. It was an old working ranch years ago called Empire Ranch. It has a lot of dispersed camping areas and I spend a lot of time exploring in my Jeep. You can generally see a few Prong horned sheep in the area also.

RamFan2019

Reaction score
If it tows easy, why?
If we were going further and longer, we’d need more gear, So I would I would want the payload to support that. Right now we don’t carry much gear with us in the camper or truck but I would expect that we would need more to support longer/further trips. The other is weather conditions, Currently I won’t try to tow this in windy conditions I’ll delay/extend our short trips if I have to. If were on the road for a few weeks I’d want some additional capability in light winds which a 3/4 may afford.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If we were going further and longer, we’d need more gear, So I would I would want the payload to support that. Right now we don’t carry much gear with us in the camper or truck but I would expect that we would need more to support longer/further trips. The other is weather conditions, Currently I won’t try to tow this in windy conditions I’ll delay/extend our short trips if I have to. If were on the road for a few weeks I’d want some additional capability in light winds which a 3/4 may afford.
Understood. I am retired, so when the wind gets too bad or there are snowy/icy conditions, we don't move. I have towed many timed in moderate wind conditions with no problems, but when it goes over 25/30 I stay parked. It also depends on the area I will be towing in.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
It's a little strange to me, I had a motorhome for 16 years and sold it 4 years ago. Even though I have driven tractor trailer for 35 years pulling a camper is a little strange for me.

BoxerguyT89

Reaction score
Keystone Springdale 298BH. Dry weight is listed at 6800lbs. With all of our gear it will probably be around ~7200lbs.

Trailer sits about 2 inches nose high so I have a longer shank on the way to get it back to level. This driveway isn't level so it's hard to tell from the picture.

Pulls well, some sway when a bow wave comes off a semi, but getting it level and dialed in on the scale will fix that right up. 20230630_144949.jpg

DrStevil

Reaction score
2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23LDE (28.5’ total length, 5597 dry weight) pulled by 2022 1500 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel Limited w/tow pack.
Maiden voyage was loop from Central Texas to Estes Park, CO to Phoenix and back to TX (3953 miles, 14.12mpg).
IMG_2656.jpeg

Orion10182011

Reaction score
RamCamperSmall-2903602.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread