5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Ram has announced/released the fifth, and final, installment of the 1500 Built to Serve. Pays tribute to the Coast Guard with Spitfire Orange and Bright White being the two color options.

Only 500 units of the Spitfire Orange and 750 units of the Bright White will be built, which is the lowest of any of the colors released in the Built to Serve trucks
There you go Coasties! FYI everything I saw said 500 and 500.

Last edited:

HEMITKN

Reaction score
It seems to be that there is only one low-volume paint BTS out there...and that is the one gator model that FCA used for promotional material. I have not seen any other low-volume paint BTS trucks with the Ramboxes. I seem to recall FCA showing a ceramic gray BTS with Ramboxes in a press release, but that was most-likely just digitally edited.
I believe you to be on point brother! Still pisses me off to have to give up my RAM boxes! I really like them and use them quite often! I do have the Decked system sitting in the garage waiting though ;-)

Last edited:

HEMITKN

Reaction score
So read all the lift combinations and everyone's post's. Here my question With the BTS or ORP/ORG adding the 2" Mopar lift nets you how much lift? Is it two or a little more or less. I have dropped the idea of 6" lift as it would only be for looks 20" to the side steps is a stretch. I want to run 18X9's with -12 offset with RG's in 34X12.5 or 35X12.5. My other question is a 3.5" lift with the ORG would push angles out of range and cause added wear? Want to keep this tank BTS for the long haul and why I am being so picky. This is a gator one on here and the look and height I am after. Thanks Mike

Attachments

• RAM Gator BTS 3 lift.jpeg
    RAM Gator BTS 3 lift.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 74

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So read all the lift combinations and everyone's post's. Here my question With the BTS or ORP/ORG adding the 2" Mopar lift nets you how much lift? Is it two or a little more or less. I have dropped the idea of 6" lift as it would only be for looks 20" to the side steps is a stretch. I want to run 18X9's with -12 offset with RG's in 34X12.5 or 35X12.5. My other question is a 3.5" lift with the ORG would push angles out of range and cause added wear? Want to keep this tank BTS for the long haul and why I am being so picky. This is a gator one on here and the look and height I am after. Thanks Mike

If you're getting new wheels you can run 35x12.50s with just a level. So Bilsteins or Eibachs would suffice if that's the route you wanted to take.

Most third party manufacturers have said not to go above 2" of additional lift with the ORG. A lot of people will buy the 3.5" Readylift, chunk the preload spacer, and use adjustable shocks in its place. This will keep your ride nice and keep you from over extending your angles.

Alot of guys are running the Mopar 2" lift with ORG springs with no issues. Although Mopar does not recommend this. I believe it's a total of 3" with the springs.

If you want to keep your stock wheels then you should be able to fit 34s with just a level.

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Can anyone with a 2WD BTS verify if they got the skid plates/heavy duty shock absorbers/lift? I saw on the website the 4x2 has less listed then 4x4 for the BTS package but is the same price.

Pebcak

Reaction score
I've done some digging but can't find anything definitive. I have a 2021 BTS, Crew with the Alpine Stereo in it. My coworker has a 2021 RAM 3500 with a subwoofer in the back that he doesn't want.

So my question is if the sub from the 3500 is compatible with my BTS?

I've looked at my VIN and can't find anything saying that it's wired for the Sub. I've searched forums/Google and have found a reference for a 2019 Lonestar that the connection for the sub is in the middle of the back seats and has a Black/White wires going to the drivers seat.

I'm leaving work in an hour and will check when I get home to see if I can find anything.

I'd like to get it from him if it's a direct fit.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done some digging but can't find anything definitive. I have a 2021 BTS, Crew with the Alpine Stereo in it. My coworker has a 2021 RAM 3500 with a subwoofer in the back that he doesn't want.

So my question is if the sub from the 3500 is compatible with my BTS?

I've looked at my VIN and can't find anything saying that it's wired for the Sub. I've searched forums/Google and have found a reference for a 2019 Lonestar that the connection for the sub is in the middle of the back seats and has a Black/White wires going to the drivers seat.

I'm leaving work in an hour and will check when I get home to see if I can find anything.

I'd like to get it from him if it's a direct fit.
Your alpine should already have a sub behind the rear right seat.

Are you wanting to add his as an additional sub?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone with a 2WD BTS verify if they got the skid plates/heavy duty shock absorbers/lift? I saw on the website the 4x2 has less listed then 4x4 for the BTS package but is the same price.
I just compared the build sheet of a new tank green 4x2 to my 4x4 and it looks like the 4x2s don’t come with the skid plates, heavy duty shock absorbers, or raised ride height. You basically aren’t getting any of the features included in the off-road group.

Wookie0323

Reaction score
I just compared the build sheet of a new tank green 4x2 to my 4x4 and it looks like the 4x2s don’t come with the skid plates, heavy duty shock absorbers, or raised ride height. You basically aren’t getting any of the features included in the off-road group.
That's what I noticed too. If that's the case it sucks they are marking it for the same price. My guy at the dealership said the drive train should matter, and both trucks should have the same equipment. I guess I'll see when I gets delivered

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I noticed too. If that's the case it sucks they are marking it for the same price. My guy at the dealership said the drive train should matter, and both trucks should have the same equipment. I guess I'll see when I gets delivered
Here's the 4x2 I located, which you can tell doesn't have the raised ride height. And the second link is the build sheet for the truck where you'll notice none of the off-road group options are listed. If the options aren't listed on the build sheet, they won't be on the truck.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
If you're getting new wheels you can run 35x12.50s with just a level. So Bilsteins or Eibachs would suffice if that's the route you wanted to take.

Most third party manufacturers have said not to go above 2" of additional lift with the ORG. A lot of people will buy the 3.5" Readylift, chunk the preload spacer, and use adjustable shocks in its place. This will keep your ride nice and keep you from over extending your angles.

Alot of guys are running the Mopar 2" lift with ORG springs with no issues. Although Mopar does not recommend this. I believe it's a total of 3" with the springs.

If you want to keep your stock wheels then you should be able to fit 34s with just a level.
Thanks I have reread several posts on lifts. Guess it will come down to wear and tear of the vehicle. Would like3-4" but this is not right for the suspension and I'm not dropping the coin for fabtech or the likes. I think I will go with the 6" lift and get new side steps to replace the new factory ones, kind of a waste but, 20" not cool after along days work IMO. Thanks grape-ape for your help and rundown. The other option would be the 2" lift with ORG for 3' but still think that would work too. Still waiting on update on truck as it was in body vendor two weeks ago.

Pebcak

Reaction score
Your alpine should already have a sub behind the rear right seat.

Are you wanting to add his as an additional sub?
I don't know about additional or just replacement. It's the under seat type that looks similar to this one.

Would this add anything additional? Or similar to the sub behind the seat?

Not an audio person here.

Attachments

• Sub.jpeg
    Sub.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about additional or just replacement. It's the under seat type that looks similar to this one.

Would this add anything additional? Or similar to the sub behind the seat?

Not an audio person here.
Won't fit as the 3500 still uses the 4th gen cab.

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Here's the 4x2 I located, which you can tell doesn't have the raised ride height. And the second link is the build sheet for the truck where you'll notice none of the off-road group options are listed. If the options aren't listed on the build sheet, they won't be on the truck.

Well that's a bummer! Looks like I have some research for upgrades to do.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer! Looks like I have some research for upgrades to do.
Yeah definitely a bummer that Ram still charges the same price for the package on the 4x2, even though the 2WD versions aren’t getting the bulk of the features.

Users who are viewing this thread