5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noom14921992

Reaction score
congrats on the new pickup. Did they by chance have any silver BTS ones?

I’m thinking of pursuing one of these, torn between colors. Silver has been my first choice for getting a 5th gen and it seems slick in this BTS package.
But there is a less loaded Anvil one due to arrive soon.
I got the only BTS my dealership had. They had a few in transit, but none were on the ground.

emings

Reaction score
I am new here, but have been a forum user on every forum i had a car for.

I just picked up a 2021 BTS in Anvil. It is a really nice colour. I thought it was blue, then it changed to grey. it is just so nice.
I traded in a GTI for the tuck. and let me tell you, going from a small hatch to a big truck is just so awesome. I am 6'2" and bigger, so the truck is much more my size.

I do not know if i got the best deal in the world, but i got 0%, so its all going to work out.

I have 80 miles on it so far. I have been reading so many thing here it is hard to keep it all straight.
What are all these spring issues people are talking about?
and what else should i check ?

Love this site also BTW.
I am also 6'2" and traded in a GTI for a Ram 1500 so far I love it

emings

Reaction score
i loved my GTI. i had an APR tune on it. only had 28K miles after 4 years. but i just out grew it.
Mine had way more miles 138k it needed a new throttle body alternator and starter before I got rid of it

RHeller1

Reaction score
So, for anyone who has gotten the correct springs installed, how is the ride quality compared to the non ORG springs? noticeable?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, for anyone who has gotten the correct springs installed, how is the ride quality compared to the non ORG springs? noticeable?
Probably not the best example because I also replaced my shocks at the same time but I like it a lot. It's a little stiffer but feels more planted.

In some previous discussions I feel like people who only got the springs done said they noticed it being slightly stiffer but not much different really.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Alright guys and gals coming to play in your sandbox.
On Monday I picked up a 2021 BTS Long Bed. These are slick rigs inside and out. I test drove a few Rebels but all with leather, none with cloth/vinyl so was not sure what to expect.

I went with billet silver, it was my 1st choice when looking at 5th gens anyway. Looks killer with the BTS package. I passed on a less optioned anvil. It’s a unique color, but flat.

Options are Big Horn Level 2, Uconnect 12, Technology Group, Pano sunroof, Trailer tow tech thing, 3.92, 33 gallon tank, non e-torque.

Last edited:

Jackob2545

Reaction score
Joined the ranks this past week with a 2021 BTS in the Anvil finish with the Hemi etorque engine. Had been looking at Big Horns and Rebels and was unware of the BTS editions. My wife found a 2020 at a local dealer that had about 15k in aftermarket modifications done to it that I wasn't interested in. Upon further digging they had just landed two 2021's, one of which was a Crew Cab with the 6'4" bed. The BTS had all the add-ons I was after and I happened to fall into the longer bed as well as the 12" Uconnect which came factory installed on the one my local dealer landed. Took it up to the Mt. Hood National forest yesterday to get our Christmas tree and I'm absolutely in love with this beast! Ram nailed it in terms of functionality coupled with luxury options. This being my first full size truck I'm on cloud nine and to have it be the more exclusive BTS edition makes it all the better.

Been reading through this thread and found out about the spring issues. Peaked at mine and based on what I gather with the info in this thread I look to have the correct models. If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome.

Will be looking to get some new rubber on the stock wheels and potentially lift/level. My dad has the Bilstein 5100's on his rig and they seem to be a favorite on this forum paired with the GY Duratracs. Was also wondering if the correct stock springs on the BTS edition will work with the 5100's and if so what's the recommend lift for a nice level stance and 34"-35" Duratracs.

Thank you all for all the info and great group that's established here. will be spending plenty of time on these forums as I venture down this new rabbit hole!

Attachments

• Ram-1.jpg
    Ram-1.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Spring-1.jpg
    Spring-1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Spring-2.jpg
    Spring-2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Ram-2.jpg
    Ram-2.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 133

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Joined the ranks this past week with a 2021 BTS in the Anvil finish with the Hemi etorque engine. Had been looking at Big Horns and Rebels and was unware of the BTS editions. My wife found a 2020 at a local dealer that had about 15k in aftermarket modifications done to it that I wasn't interested in. Upon further digging they had just landed two 2021's, one of which was a Crew Cab with the 6'4" bed. The BTS had all the add-ons I was after and I happened to fall into the longer bed as well as the 12" Uconnect which came factory installed on the one my local dealer landed. Took it up to the Mt. Hood National forest yesterday to get our Christmas tree and I'm absolutely in love with this beast! Ram nailed it in terms of functionality coupled with luxury options. This being my first full size truck I'm on cloud nine and to have it be the more exclusive BTS edition makes it all the better.

Been reading through this thread and found out about the spring issues. Peaked at mine and based on what I gather with the info in this thread I look to have the correct models. If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome.

Will be looking to get some new rubber on the stock wheels and potentially lift/level. My dad has the Bilstein 5100's on his rig and they seem to be a favorite on this forum paired with the GY Duratracs. Was also wondering if the correct stock springs on the BTS edition will work with the 5100's and if so what's the recommend lift for a nice level stance and 34"-35" Duratracs.

Thank you all for all the info and great group that's established here. will be spending plenty of time on these forums as I venture down this new rabbit hole!
Welcome to the family!

Yup, you've got the right springs and Bilsteins work. Just don't go above the last two settings.

PicRR

Reaction score
Alright guys and gals coming to play in your sandbox.
On Monday I picked up a 2021 BTS Long Bed. These are slick rigs inside and out. I test drive a few Rebels but all with leather, none with cloth/vinyl so was not sure why to expect.

I went with billet silver, it was my 1st choice when looking at 5th gens anyway. Looks killer with the BTS package. I passed on a less optioned anvil. It’s a unique color, but flat.

Options are Big Horn Level 2, Uconnect 12, Technology package, Pano sunroof, Trailer tow tech thing, 3.92, 33 gallon tank, non e-torque.
Pics please! Haven’t seen one up here yet in silver. Congrats!

TaterRam

Reaction score
Pics please! Haven’t seen one up here yet in silver. Congrats!
Didn’t get any decent ones until yesterday. Took it to the local boat ramp and got to test the 4WD, the low lake made for some slick silt.

Attachments

• 83872981-42CC-4FD7-A1F9-FC2B11D6471C.jpeg
    83872981-42CC-4FD7-A1F9-FC2B11D6471C.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DC3B4891-4ADE-4D27-B7B1-F131741699FB.jpeg
    DC3B4891-4ADE-4D27-B7B1-F131741699FB.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 155
  • C40A3A22-80FA-470F-B6EC-EB898735208F.jpeg
    C40A3A22-80FA-470F-B6EC-EB898735208F.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 72B25E6F-46A5-4CE3-B33B-9B7AD1C4FDE8.jpeg
    72B25E6F-46A5-4CE3-B33B-9B7AD1C4FDE8.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 163

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Another Billet Silver here joining the group (thanks to TaterRam for directing me here from the MSRP thread). I really like the truck a lot. Like others, I did not know anything about the BTS package until a month or so ago. I was originally looking at Rebels, but then started looking at Bighorns with the night edition and ORP to save money. Once I saw the build of the BTS, I was sold! This package saves you about $1500 off MSRP at least and has some cool unique aspects. I would have probably gotten the Gator color if they were still out. I found one or two out there, but they didn't really have the build I was looking for, and besides, before I found the BTS, I was locking in on a Silver Bighorn / Lonestar. My build is in my sig.

I don't have any pics yet because it's been raining since I picked it up Monday night, and I haven't had time to go to the set of a commercial and take some glamour shots like TaterRam :cool: .

I did check the springs, and it looks like I am good. Fronts are 0250AC and rears are 2684AB.

I already ordered my rear wheelhouse liners and I'm shopping Tonneuo covers and bed/tailgate mats. I'm going to hold off on getting a spray in liner for now. I'll see what else I want to do after I have it for a bit.

I'll be around on this forum...

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another Billet Silver here joining the group (thanks to TaterRam for directing me here from the MSRP thread). I really like the truck a lot. Like others, I did not know anything about the BTS package until a month or so ago. I was originally looking at Rebels, but then started looking at Bighorns with the night edition and ORP to save money. Once I saw the build of the BTS, I was sold! This package saves you about $1500 off MSRP at least and has some cool unique aspects. I would have probably gotten the Gator color if they were still out. I found one or two out there, but they didn't really have the build I was looking for, and besides, before I found the BTS, I was locking in on a Silver Bighorn / Lonestar. My build is in my sig.

I don't have any pics yet because it's been raining since I picked it up Monday night, and I haven't had time to go to the set of a commercial and take some glamour shots like TaterRam :cool: .

I did check the springs, and it looks like I am good. Fronts are 0250AC and rears are 2684AB.

I already ordered my rear wheelhouse liners and I'm shopping Tonneuo covers and bed/tailgate mats. I'm going to hold off on getting a spray in liner for now. I'll see what else I want to do after I have it for a bit.

I'll be around on this forum...
Welcome. You don't happen to work for a large brewer in Houston do you? If so we may be coworkers in different states!

obrien

Reaction score
Hi,

So yesterday I bough BTS in Anvil color and I loved it. I almost got billet silver last week but this one popped out and I got hooked at the color.

It is my first truck and actually my first American made car and I absolutely love it. It drives amazing.

Pictures are not that great as I did not have a time to take it out, it looks better in person but still I think it is stunning truck.

I have read the thread about the springs -> can someone please confirm the springs I had (pic below) are the correct one? Sorry even though I seen the table with stars I want to make sure.

Last question - Can BTS be leveled since it is already lifter from factory? I was thinking of letting the front leveled by 2'' but I am not sure if that is possible on already lifted truck without further modification.

Thanks! truck_wife.jpg truck_wife2.jpg truck3.jpg spring_front.jpg spring_back.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread