5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJR28

Reaction score
Thanks, yea it's been a long road for us lol. I knew when I read the Readylift site months ago something didn't seem right! It took a village to get it moving though.

As for the Bilstein vs Eibach - No idea. I know they're very similar and the reviews I read/watched left me feeling like some people preferred the Eibachs. Doubt you can go wrong either way. With the Bilsteins being so popular/sold out I think it's definitely a solid alternative.
Do you have your before and after measurements?

CJR28

Reaction score
Before was 22 in front and 24.5 in rear. After is 24.75" in front and 25.5" in rear.
Thats a nice gain, ill take mine once i have my truck on a flat surface. Now all you have to do is upgrade the stock rubber, what size tires are you looking at?

F15eWeapon

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here... I had a 2019 for a bit but sold it, and wanting to get another now, likely as loaded of a BTS as possible, in Anvil Gray. Dealer is telling me you can't order it... even FCA is saying that, but there's a pic a few pages back showing one on the lot somewhere! Does anyone have the skinny on ability to order it? Perhaps it was sold out and that's the reasoning??

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here... I had a 2019 for a bit but sold it, and wanting to get another now, likely as loaded of a BTS as possible, in Anvil Gray. Dealer is telling me you can't order it... even FCA is saying that, but there's a pic a few pages back showing one on the lot somewhere! Does anyone have the skinny on ability to order it? Perhaps it was sold out and that's the reasoning??
Likely won't be able to order one. It's hit or miss with these anyways due to them being limited edition. Best bet is to scour car gurus or similar websites to find one on the lot.

AZHUND

Reaction score
Likely won't be able to order one. It's hit or miss with these anyways due to them being limited edition. Best bet is to scour car gurus or similar websites to find one on the lot.
I thought earlier in this thread we came to the realization that none of us with a BTS on this forum had ordered so we assumed it is not possible.

I found mine just randomly browsing cars.com and saw a grey I didn't know was an option, looked into it, liked the pictures of the interior and wheels, then went and bought it ~2 days later when it arrived at the dealer (still in plastic). Lots of thinking/planning go into my purchases!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought earlier in this thread we came to the realization that none of us with a BTS on this forum had ordered so we assumed it is not possible.

I found mine just randomly browsing cars.com and saw a grey I didn't know was an option, looked into it, liked the pictures of the interior and wheels, then went and bought it ~2 days later when it arrived at the dealer (still in plastic). Lots of thinking/planning go into my purchases!
Per the Facebook group some people have apparently been able to order. I think it's just luck of the draw and mostly if you have a high volume dealer. The high volume dealers were getting more than 1 BTS.

CJR28

Reaction score
Somewhere between 275/65 or 285/65. Haven't made up my mind yet.
I was in the same boat but I went with the 275/65 as Duratracs dont come in the 285/65. I inquired about BFG KO2s but they were backordered apparently and plus they like to pick up and throw gravel. So far im happy with my decision.
Per the Facebook group some people have apparently been able to order. I think it's just luck of the draw and mostly if you have a high volume dealer. The high volume dealers were getting more than 1 BTS.
I think the dealer can order the BTS as a dealer supply truck but I dont think individuals can order them, Could be wrong on that

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea. Maybe if you're in real good with your dealer they can hook you up? Idk. Just seen some people talk about ordering them over there. I'd say it's like 9 out of 10 times you can't order one but there's always that one guy that did lol.

AZHUND

Reaction score
Yea. Maybe if you're in real good with your dealer they can hook you up? Idk. Just seen some people talk about ordering them over there. I'd say it's like 9 out of 10 times you can't order one but there's always that one guy that did lol.
Yeah, but Facebook isn't exactly known for a place to go get the 'truth' on anything though. Might be an 8 year old kid living out his alter ego of 43 year old Dan the plumber who drives a sweet truck that he special ordered (unlike the peasants that pick from dealer stock) and gets all the ladies.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Glad to see some more progress with spring gate. My dealer called me today and said my springs are in and to bring it tomorrow for the install. I am also having them throw the 1/2" lift front strut spacers on. I dont want to level it any further because (1) I tow a camper and (2) its a lease that I dont know if I will buy out or not, so at least the front will be sitting a little higher than a stock ORP. I will post measurements tomorrow.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
The guy at my local dealership tried to find the BTS I wanted for almost a month. He ended up doing a three-dealer swap once he found it. He never told me where it came from, but it took another week to get it here. My brother owns a brewery so the dude ended up with a lot of beer afterwards :p

BransRam1

Reaction score
Somewhere between 275/65 or 285/65. Haven't made up my mind yet.
Haha good plan. Don't go all nimrod on it like I did and try to stuff 35x12.5s in there! I have mine sold btw. Now to get a good size that won't force a lift or somethin' According to what I'm reading and connections at tire shops... it's not the height of the 35 alone, but the width that was gonna get me. So if I go with a 34 but keep with a 275 width I should be golden. Good luck in your decision!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha good plan. Don't go all nimrod on it like I did and try to stuff 35x12.5s in there! I have mine sold btw. Now to get a good size that won't force a lift or somethin' According to what I'm reading and connections at tire shops... it's not the height of the 35 alone, but the width that was gonna get me. So if I go with a 34 but keep with a 275 width I should be golden. Good luck in your decision!

Yea, I think if you're keeping stock wheels you're not supposed to go above an 11.5" width or it'll rub on the UCA iirc? Definitely rubs on something can't remember if that's definitely it or not lol.

TaterRam

Reaction score

What area are you in? They started hitting lots back east like two weeks ago, and apparently texas. Seems this week a few are making it out west. I've seen just a few local to me but they are optioned to the point of being a decently equipped Rebel MSRP. Granted, rebates may be a little better but just depends on what all you are after I guess.

The dealers I reached out to were not able to order at BTS.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Got my truck back today with the ORP springs and 1/2" Wulf spacer. Before and after (dont mind how dirty she is its been raining for days here and its hunting season). Measurements are now 38.5" front height and 40" rear height.

20201027_164036.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread