5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puba08

Reaction score
Like all my stock badges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Bump for anyone who has used the Rough Country 3.5" lift with the ORP springs

Last edited:

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Yes it will

Not to be a a*$ but how do you know?? Personal experience? Know someone that did it? I'm seeing their website says it doesn't and I don't know why bc the new UCAs should avoid any issues with ball joint angles.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Just got the call too, Debbie said she would be contacting my dealer and having them set up an appointment. Ill keep everyone updated

I need to get in touch with this Debbie. Ram customer service blew me off.

CJR28

Reaction score
Not to be a a*$ but how do you know?? Personal experience? Know someone that did it? I'm seeing their website says it doesn't and I don't know why bc the new UCAs should avoid any issues with ball joint angles.
If you dig around on the forum for a bit you will find members who have used the RL kit. A member on this thread used a RC 2” kit and fit 295/65R20s on his truck. I would avoid any kit that uses a preload spacer and go for a tophat spacer. For my own truck im going with Bilsteins either at #3 or #4 and Mopar UCAs. Originally I was looking at going with a front spacer set up but for my uses the 5100s will serve me better, until the 6112s are released.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
If you dig around on the forum for a bit you will find members who have used the RL kit. A member on this thread used a RC 2” kit and fit 295/65R20s on his truck. I would avoid any kit that uses a preload spacer and go for a tophat spacer. For my own truck im going with Bilsteins either at #3 or #4 and Mopar UCAs. Originally I was looking at going with a front spacer set up but for my uses the 5100s will serve me better, until the 6112s are released.

Thanks. I have been digging around the forum looking for answers that clearly represent what I'm looking for. This ORP really messed with me leveling my truck as easy as normal

CJR28

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been digging around the forum looking for answers that clearly represent what I'm looking for. This ORP really messed with me leveling my truck as easy as normal
Bilsteins offer the best quality lift. I would try and snag a pair of 5100s or the whole set and replace all 4 shocks. The 6112s should be released any day now according to the email I received from Bilstein and are probably one the best lifting options for the money

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
So an update from my front with the spring issue. I called back to Ram customer service and this time spoke to someone named Tina. Tina told me she had dealt with the same issue with a prior caller, but that her supervisor had taken over the case. Tina said that supervisor was off today so she put me on hold while she called a different supervisor. She got back on the line a while later and told me that supervisor was no help. She said she will talk to her other supervisor tomorrow and then give me a call back. I see multiple people on Facebook reporting getting calls from Debbie today to set up appointments to get the right springs installed on their trucks. I really need to find out how to get in touch with this Debbie because I am getting sick of wasting my time trying to correct Ram's mistake just for them to not help me.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Bilsteins offer the best quality lift. I would try and snag a pair of 5100s or the whole set and replace all 4 shocks. The 6112s should be released any day now according to the email I received from Bilstein and are probably one the best lifting options for the money

What are the 6112s?

Blackmer18

Reaction score
6112s are the coilover adjustable shocks. They have bigger body and are more suited to offroad use
I see that from some research. My truck is a daily driver to and from work highway, with minimal offroading (dirt road, farm field).

CJR28

Reaction score
I see that from some research. My truck is a daily driver to and from work highway, with minimal offroading (dirt road, farm field).
The 6112s will give you a great ride too for a daily driver. Theyre a step up from the 5100s

Blackmer18

Reaction score
If I run the full 3.5" RC lift kit with the ORP, what are the risks? I don't off-road, it's a daily driver and doesnt see much other than highway.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I run the full 3.5" RC lift kit with the ORP, what are the risks? I don't off-road, it's a daily driver and doesnt see much other than highway.

Once you get above 4" of lift you start needing relocation brackets and things of that nature. On top of the fact that the UCA was spec'd for 3.5" of total lift. Not 4.5".

BigAdge

Reaction score
Have you seen any pics of the Bilsteins at setting 3 with the ORP? I'm between 3/4, I don't want to be nose high and prefer 0.5-1 inch rake. I have Falken 275/60/20s on and the ORP springs, measuring ground to fender 40 3/8 rear 38 3/8 front right now.

CJR28

Reaction score
Have you seen any pics of the Bilsteins at setting 3 with the ORP? I'm between 3/4, I don't want to be nose high and prefer 0.5-1 inch rake. I have Falken 275/60/20s on and the ORP springs, measuring ground to fender 40 3/8 rear 38 3/8 front right now.
I have not seen any pictures of setting 3 with the ORP springs. Im stuck in the same situation, I just ordered a .5” rear spacer just in case if I go with setting 4 and I gain more than the 1.5”. Reading through the Bilstein thread, some have gained almost 2” off of setting 4 even after the settling period and some only gained the 1.5”. Im also wondering if the ride is better on setting 3. Based of your measurements setting 4 will almost put your truck completely level, setting 3 might be perfect to leave some rake

Users who are viewing this thread