5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think he's confused. Which is where my post came from. Hopefully we all get it taken care of so we can be happier with our trucks.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Just left my dealership, the guy said he doesn’t know but looked up the build sheet they can see and nothing on there was about HD shocks or springs, he just said some trucks are built different, I was explaining to him that ours are built with it. But then just asked him for rams information and emailed ram about it

TTown77

Reaction score
Thank you all for this incredible thread. I've had the suspicion that something was off about the ride height of my truck. My neighbor has a Rebel (which has the same ride height as a regular Big Horn with the Off-Road Package) and my truck sits a tad lower. The rear I don't mind so much, but the front looks so low when compared to the Rebel and even trucks with the off-road package. Is there Any way to for someone to list out the part numbers of the springs and shocks that are on an off-road package truck so we can compare them? My build specs say "raised ride height" and "Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers" and "Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers". Having the part numbers would make it an easy argument with Ram Care and the dealer for them to make the necessary corrections.
Thank you all in advance.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just left my dealership, the guy said he doesn’t know but looked up the build sheet they can see and nothing on there was about HD shocks or springs, he just said some trucks are built different, I was explaining to him that ours are built with it. But then just asked him for rams information and emailed ram about it

That sucks. I'm concerned about that with my dealership as well because it's kind of small. Here's the link to the build sheet website so that you can look over it yourself. Just in case you didn't know where to find it!

rambts

Reaction score
Thank you all for this incredible thread. I've had the suspicion that something was off about the ride height of my truck. My neighbor has a Rebel (which has the same ride height as a regular Big Horn with the Off-Road Package) and my truck sits a tad lower. The rear I don't mind so much, but the front looks so low when compared to the Rebel and even trucks with the off-road package. Is there Any way to for someone to list out the part numbers of the springs and shocks that are on an off-road package truck so we can compare them? My build specs say "raised ride height" and "Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers" and "Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers". Having the part numbers would make it an easy argument with Ram Care and the dealer for them to make the necessary corrections.
Thank you all in advance.

these should be the correct part numbers for ORG

shocks:
front 68277314ac
rear 68262592ac

springs:
front 68320249ab
rear 68262684ab

rambts

Reaction score
the shocks are easy to identify , they should have a green part number sticker ( red means non ORG)
the springs dont appear to have color coded tags on them.

pstemme

Reaction score
I do have raised wheel height on my sheet, also the extra HD shocks. I have the "off road group" springs and shocks, very vague on the springs!
build date is 7-20 MDH is 072412 purchased 8-27 1599589408955.png 1599589604286.png

Last edited:

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I think he's confused. Which is where my post came from. Hopefully we all get it taken care of so we can be happier with our trucks.

I’m not confused. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp. I missed that rambts was missing the ORG springs so my bad there. But yes I also do hope this can be cleared up and taken care of.

rambts

Reaction score
I do have raised wheel height on my sheet, also the extra HD shocks. I have the "off road group" springs and shocks
build date is 7-20 MDH is 072412 purchased 9-27 View attachment 68024 View attachment 68025

thanks everyone for chiming in, this helps confirm that a few of us are definitely MISSING the longer springs that are included in the ORG package.
now lets see what the dealerships say about fixing this problem for us.

CJR28

Reaction score
Update: Spoke with the dealership parts manager today and with FCA customer service. Customer service left me a voice mail and also sent an email asking whether or not the truck was built for me or a dealership inventory vehicle. The parts manager at my dealership was very helpful and wasnt surprised and said that sometimes mixups happen on the assembly line. He asked for the correct ORP spring part number and the part number for the regular spring that was on my truck. I should be hearing more tomorrow, ill keep updating

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you're having a positive experience. Gentleman I talked to in service seemed to have a dismissive attitude the entire time I was explaining my situation. He then took me to the parts department so that we could look up my VIN# and see what parts should be on there. The computer came back with 0237AB - which is what is installed. When pressed on why my truck would sit an inch lower than the various trucks that have been posted here or facebook I was met with "I don't know" and "We haven't into this so we don't know how to proceed."

At this point I'm not sure how to proceed either.

CJR28

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you're having a positive experience. Gentleman I talked to in service seemed to have a dismissive attitude the entire time I was explaining my situation. He then took me to the parts department so that we could look up my VIN# and see what parts should be on there. The computer came back with 0237AB - which is what is installed. When pressed on why my truck would sit an inch lower than the various trucks that have been posted here or facebook I was met with "I don't know" and "We haven't into this so we don't know how to proceed."

Do you have an open case with customer care? I would relay the message to them. This truck was not sold to us as advertised and the parts need to be replaced

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score

So the parts department told you your part number? I’ll double check with them later I only spoke to service advisor

puba08

Reaction score
Just curious, How much are the springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

puba08

Reaction score
When I search the springs listed a few posts ago it says they are discontinued and replaced.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have an open case with customer care? I would relay the message to them. This truck was not sold to us as advertised and the parts need to be replaced

Yea, Ramcares messaged me back so I'm opening a ticket with them.

So the parts department told you your part number? I’ll double check with them later I only spoke to service advisor

Yes, they were able to read my part numbers based off VIN #

rambts

Reaction score
When I search the springs listed a few posts ago it says they are discontinued and replaced.

the part numbers (for the springs) that I listed several posts back were taken from other members here who had confirmed they had the ORG and went out checked their part numbers on their springs and who also confirmed that their wheel well measurements were at least 1" inch higher in both front and rear. I know that depending on options there could be a small discrepency of +- 1/8 inch or so. one other member had ramboxes and MFT and was still 1.25" higher than mine (that has neither) making me believe that there are indeed longer springs out there providing additional height.

TTown77

Reaction score
Here's a quick update: I had my dealer pull the "options report" for my truck (BTS) and a regular Big Horn with the Off Road Package to see if the springs, shocks and raised ride height options lined up. Here's what it looks like:

BUILT TO SERVE EDITION
CODEDESCRIPTION
ASGBuilt-to-Serve Edition
SFDPFront Extra HD Shock Absorbers
SGDPRear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
ZADPSpring Front Left
ZPSPSpring Front Right
ZBSPSpring Left Rear
ZNDPSpring Right Front
XZNP Raised Ride Height
Off Road Package Truck
CODEDESCRIPTION
MPDPOff-Road Decals
SFDPFront Extra HD Shock Absorbers
SGDPRear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
ZBCPSpring - Left Front
ZPCPSpring - Right Front
ZCWPSpring - Left Rear
ZRWPSpring - Right Rear
XZNPRaised Ride Height

Clearly BTS owners got the wrong springs. Now we have to figure out how we get it fixed. I'll be reaching out to my dealer to see if they are willing to make the correction. Will keep the group posted.

Users who are viewing this thread