5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off road suspension or air suspension

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the off road package automatically gives you the 3:92 gears? or are they 3:21

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the off road package automatically gives you the 3:92 gears? or are they 3:21
Just used the online build and price and the ORG (Sales code AWL) doesn't change the axle. 3.21 is the standard equipment. 3.92 is a separate option. The E-locker is included in AWL. If you want a limited slip differential (called Anti-Slip) then skip the Off Road Package and you can get the Protection Group (Skid Plates). but you'll lose the 1" lift. On Air Suspension trucks, you'll gain an additional ride height and it'll lift as high as the Off Road Group trucks.

S

Smashy71

The 2019 Ram off road package (suspension) rides like a Cadillac compared to any GM truck 1500 or 2500. I am a GMC 1500 convert and don’t regret it a bit, the ride being one of the largest selling points to me.

I have the off road air and it’s truly amazing. I’m coming from a 14 ecodiesel with coil 4x4

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is anti-slip better then e-locker?
Definitely do a search. Short answer is "no". Each technology engages both rear wheels but Anti-slip is automatic and better for street and sporty driving. E-locker is manually engaged and good for under 20mph offroading. Read the threads to understand which one is best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread