5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Group (ORG) Questions

ldoh

Reaction score
Anyone wanting the ORG for off road use will want the e-locker.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone wanting the ORG for off road use will want the e-locker.

Honestly, I had a locker on my previous truck which I off-roaded pretty regularly. 4Lo was sufficient for most everything I do. I activated the locker exactly twice for off road use. One time it was absolutely amazing, crawled right out of the scenario. The other time I locked in resulted in me becoming more stuck than I’ve ever been in my life, haha! Those wheels instantaneously dug holes deep enough to put my frame in the snow.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Yes, the front and rear are lifted. I put a 1.5" leveling spacer (Street Rays from eBay for $27) on my truck (North Edition, so I guess it's got ORG by default) and my truck is now sitting 39" exactly from ground to lip of fender front and rear. Couldn't get it more perfectly level.

For the OP, yes the ORG rides rougher but it's still not bad. I like it.

As far as Limited Slip goes, everybody has their own opinion but I hate it. It makes driving more dangerous in ice and snow because the rear end wants to kick out to the right instead of pushing the truck in a straight line. Also, the clutches wear out eventually. And, every fluid change requires additive in the perfect amount to prevent chatter of the clutches while simultaneously allowing them to bite in the correct proportions. Just a PITA in my opinion. So I LOVE my open diffs with e-locker.

so will my org laramie ride diff in 4 wheel auto, which i currently love, than my laramie with non org

also with the 1.5 spacer can you run 35s do you think, and what mpg are you getting, tks in advance

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input. I ended up making a purchase on a ORP truck last month and am just about to pull the trigger on a set of 5100s to lift the front to level the truck. Absolutely loving it, thus far!
406c0a174a368c0f6db3d87092d89fb8.jpg

what mpg you getting and do you think you could put 35s on that setup now

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so will my org laramie ride diff in 4 wheel auto, which i currently love, than my laramie with non org

also with the 1.5 spacer can you run 35s do you think, and what mpg are you getting, tks in advance

I haven't tested 4-Auto yet on the road to see if there is any added vibration.

From the looks of my truck, 35s should fit in the rear easily but where the front air dam comes down so low I'm not sure if it would squeeze in there or not. There is a ton of space with the 32s...this truck swallows up the 32s...so in terms of space there's plenty of room for 35s it's just dealing with that front air dam that I think might be the issue. I'm still debating on tires myself.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I haven't tested 4-Auto yet on the road to see if there is any added vibration.

From the looks of my truck, 35s should fit in the rear easily but where the front air dam comes down so low I'm not sure if it would squeeze in there or not. There is a ton of space with the 32s...this truck swallows up the 32s...so in terms of space there's plenty of room for 35s it's just dealing with that front air dam that I think might be the issue. I'm still debating on tires myself.

i might see if i can throw my 35s on there stock with 0 offset and see how it does, im sure there will be some rub in turns but prob fine going straight

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

The difference in the ride between the ORG and non-ORG trucks was negligible when I was shopping. I notice more difference just from driving two different trucks. It was close enough that I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know one had the ORG and one didn't. Driving in 4wd auto feels exactly the same as 2wd unless you start to lose traction. That's the only time you'll notice any difference.

All of this is subjective, and you'll want to test drive different trucks to judge for yourself. But for me, the ORG was a non-factor as far as ride comfort goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/