5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Air Suspension Heights?

GKBennett

Reaction score
ORG and Protection Package are both on hold right now. Probably a supplier shortage. I'd order the Air Suspension and you can bolt on the Protection Package later. You won't get the 1" lift but you will get all the same ride heights for off toad use. The ORG does include a slightly stiffer suspension. Don't forget to order the Anti-slip differential. Not sure you can get the eLocker without the ORG. If so, then choose one or the other. For a daily driver the Anti-Slip might be best.

Thank you for your suggestions. I really want the ORG for that 1" lift. ORG includes the Protection Package, Anti-slip differential, and eLocker. You can select eLocker by itself without ORG.

I guess I will have to wait until they put the ORG back into production. Any Idea when that might happen? How did you find out that information as I have been trying to look it up.

This is the build I have sent to several Dealers in my area in the panhandle of Florida. A couple of them have already mentioned not able to get the ORG but they have no clue as to why. One of them said it was because I had wanted air suspension too, another said I couldn't get etorque engine with ORG. Crazy! lol

2019 1500 Ram Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4, Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat, Mountain Brown/Lt. Mountain Brown, Premium Leather w/Filigree, 5.7L HEMI eTorque, Advanced Safety Group, Off-Road Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof, 33-Gallon Fuel Tank, 4-Corner Air Suspension, Trailer Brake Control, Body Color Bumper Group.

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I really want the ORG for that 1" lift. ORG includes the Protection Package, Anti-slip differential, and eLocker. You can select eLocker by itself without ORG.

I guess I will have to wait until they put the ORG back into production. Any Idea when that might happen? How did you find out that information as I have been trying to look it up.

This is the build I have sent to several Dealers in my area in the panhandle of Florida. A couple of them have already mentioned not able to get the ORG but they have no clue as to why. One of them said it was because I had wanted air suspension too, another said I couldn't get etorque engine with ORG. Crazy! lol

2019 1500 Ram Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4, Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat, Mountain Brown/Lt. Mountain Brown, Premium Leather w/Filigree, 5.7L HEMI eTorque, Advanced Safety Group, Off-Road Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof, 33-Gallon Fuel Tank, 4-Corner Air Suspension, Trailer Brake Control, Body Color Bumper Group.
I have exactly the options you want. eTorque, Air Ride, ORG, and eLocker. Don't listen to dealers. Most are clueless.

The Anti-Slip and eLocker are 2 separate options. You can have one or the other, not both. The eLocker is an open differential when not engaged and eLocker turns off automatically above 27 mph (or thereabouts) and re-engages at lower speeds when it is selected. It's off by default. It literally locks both rear wheels together. It's best suited for offroad use. The tires will scuff noticeably if used on pavement while turning.

Anti-Slip is Ram's term for Limited Slip. The axle automatically transfers torque to the non-spinning wheel through a clutch system after excessive slip is detected. It remains disengaged normally so the truck can be turned without the tires scuffing. It is best suited for street use and marginal traction conditions. No buttons to press.

There is another thread on here were the PP and ORG have been reported to be on indefinite hold but that just means unavailable without a firm date when it can be ordered again. It could clear up in days...or months. This isn't the first time options have been put on hold.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The sales data I see says Ram built more trucks in the month of December than they ever have... and more trucks in the whole of 2018 than they ever have. These, by significant percentages. The shortages, or whatever, suck, but I guess it's on par with what's happening.

Thank you for posting this because I thought my dealer went senile when they also told me Hemi etorque cannot be had with ORG. You're the first person I've seen mention this restriction.

On the other hand, they were able to configure a Limited with ORG, which as you might know has air suspension.

I can envision brain-storming sessions within FCA where they are juggling most-likely order sheets versus part availability. Unfortunately for us, we apparently do not fit into their "most-likely" ordering scenarios.

At this point I'm considering waiting for the 2020 model to see if the overhead cargo camera from the HD's will trickle into the half tons.

GKBennett

Reaction score
The sales data I see says Ram built more trucks in the month of December than they ever have... and more trucks in the whole of 2018 than they ever have. These, by significant percentages. The shortages, or whatever, suck, but I guess it's on par with what's happening.

Thank you for posting this because I thought my dealer went senile when they also told me Hemi etorque cannot be had with ORG. You're the first person I've seen mention this restriction.

On the other hand, they were able to configure a Limited with ORG, which as you might know has air suspension.

I can envision brain-storming sessions within FCA where they are juggling most-likely order sheets versus part availability. Unfortunately for us, we apparently do not fit into their "most-likely" ordering scenarios.

At this point I'm considering waiting for the 2020 model to see if the overhead cargo camera from the HD's will trickle into the half tons.
They are senile! There is no restriction. They were just making an assumption to appear knowledgeable but they had no clue. You can get eTorque with the ORG, PP, etc. It's just production is on hold for now, looks like until around 5 February. Hopefully somebody on these forums can get a straight answer and post a good time frame. I want some lift like what the OP was trying to find out.

fact mechanic

Reaction score
I believe you are correct sir. I have read that the WiTech software used to service these vehicles can be used to calibrate (program) the 4 or 5 heights available. I suspect you can set them wherever you want within limits. The issue is alignment. If you set normal ride and aero an inch lower, you'd most likely need to re-align the front end or you'd get uneven tire wear and possibly poor economy. There are mods that have been made to the height sensor links to adjust ride height on previous year models as well. With that mod, you are raising or lowering all height setpoints together.
So could I just find a friendly tech to reprogram my ride heights? Any techs on here that can verify this?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So could I just find a friendly tech to reprogram my ride heights? Any techs on here that can verify this?
Possibly. I'm going by memory but I read on the JeepGarage forum that the Witech software could adjust ride height presets. I'd love to have my Aero height levelled by dropping the rear some. The other ride heights are fine.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are senile! There is no restriction. They were just making an assumption to appear knowledgeable but they had no clue. You can get eTorque with the ORG, PP, etc. It's just production is on hold for now, looks like until around 5 February. Hopefully somebody on these forums can get a straight answer and post a good time frame. I want some lift like what the OP was trying to find out.

I think we are speaking from opposite sides of the same coin. Restriction = temporary = unavailable at present time.

But.. you're right. They tried to tell me it was an unattainable option at any time and thanks to this forum, I knew better :geek:

Users who are viewing this thread