5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Windshield Replacement - Pic of corner logos please -

CM212FLG

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just had to get my brand new 2023 Ram 1500 Limited's windshield replaced due to an incident while getting detailed and PPF (long story...). Would anyone (preferably a Limited if possible for comparison - if it makes a difference) have a pic of their OEM windshield logo's in the bottom right and bottom left corners? Would like to compare with the new windshield.

Thanks!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just had to get my brand new 2023 Ram 1500 Limited's windshield replaced due to an incident while getting detailed and PPF (long story...). Would anyone (preferably a Limited if possible for comparison - if it makes a difference) have a pic of their OEM windshield logo's in the bottom right and bottom left corners? Would like to compare with the new windshield.

Thanks!
You should have a Ram head logo in the windshield if it's an OEM replacement

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know what information is on the bottom right, drivers side corner?
I could look at mine, but it's a Big Horn. Not sure if there is a difference due by to extra sensors on the limited

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think it matters but my 22 has a differnet shield then Idahoktm.

I have HUD, lanesense, and speed adaptive cruise on my Limited, it's an M478

2023-02-15 16.53.40.jpg

The other side just has the Ram icon, no text.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to install auto glass for awhile. The HUD windshield has a special laminate sheet in between the layers of glass to make the display visible. It is definitely different from a non HUD windshield. And of course more costly to replace.

CM212FLG

Reaction score
I used to install auto glass for awhile. The HUD windshield has a special laminate sheet in between the layers of glass to make the display visible. It is definitely different from a non HUD windshield. And of course more costly to replace.
Yeah, it appears they used the correct windshield (M478) but have a slight whistling noise at 70 mph that I didn't have before. Any ideas on the culprit for that?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, it appears they used the correct windshield (M478) but have a slight whistling noise at 70 mph that I didn't have before. Any ideas on the culprit for that?
The modern vehicles no longer have moldings, It's possible that if the windshield isn't centered properly, or set too deeply, it could cause turbulence, that could cause a whistle.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could always test with painter's tape (or any tape that's easy to remove) to determine where the whistling is originating from - just tape sections off around the perimeter of the glass and take it for a spin to see if you changed the noise.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
RIP

Just got my windshield replaced today and it's a defective Mopar part.

The assembly for the healing element came right off with my finger slightly brushed upon the cable.
I tested the other end yanking it, and it's on there like cement, so I guess they just did a terrible job on half of the plug :(
No error codes on the truck yet. I assume when it attempts to use the defroster it will throw a ground code. I'm debating wrapping it with a paper towel or something because it's another week + to get them back to out put a working shield on.
Quality.

2023-02-24 10.41.30.jpg 2023-02-24 10.42.00.jpg

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RIP

Just got my windshield replaced today and it's a defective Mopar part.

The assembly for the healing element came right off with my finger slightly brushed upon the cable.
I tested the other end yanking it, and it's on there like cement, so I guess they just did a terrible job on half of the plug :(
No error codes on the truck yet. I assume when it attempts to use the defroster it will throw a ground code. I'm debating wrapping it with a paper towel or something because it's another week + to get them back to out put a working shield on.
Quality.

View attachment 152865 View attachment 152866
After studying the picture for a minute or three, I just realized that area is in front of the DASM.
It has never occurred to me that those lines are defroster traces. 🤔

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
After studying the picture for a minute or three, I just realized that area is in front of the DASM.
It has never occurred to me that those lines are defroster traces. 🤔
I asked the guy if it needed to stay down or could flop (I couldn't see what it was at first) and he said it was defroster. I can't know for 100% sure, but it looks about right.

Ignore the stuff behind the radar, I remounted it elsewhere, but this shows the connector placement on my old windshield.

1677260109029.png

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked the guy if it needed to stay down or could flop (I couldn't see what it was at first) and he said it was defroster. I can't know for 100% sure, but it looks about right.

Ignore the stuff behind the radar, I remounted it elsewhere, but this shows the connector placement on my old windshield.

View attachment 152872
I'm sure the guy is correct and it makes sense why there's a defroster there.
I just never thought about it, even though I have seen the lines a long time ago.
- always learning

Users who are viewing this thread