5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Halogen to OEM LED Taillight

Bruins5515

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L with level 2 interior package. I read in a few forums that people have had successful swapping the halogen taillights with the OEM LED taillights without error codes and it’s all plug and play. Can anyone confirm that they have done this with no issues? Just want to confirm before spending the money.
Thanks

Sherran

Reaction score
I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star 5.7L with the level 2 interior package. The swap IS plug and play. Here is my post about it

I've never liked the stock tail lights on my '19 1500 Lonestar with the black appearance package. I feel like they just don't flow well with the look of the truck.
I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere, but here are photos of my stock tail lights in comparison to the OEM LED tail lights
I purchased the black bezel WITHOUT blind spot as I don't have that option on my truck. I purchased them on a Thursday around noon and received them two days later on Saturday around noon. They shipped from Arizona and I am in south central Texas.
This took about 20 minutes to install, here is the video I followed (Note: Please don't buy from these guys in the video, they want $1550 for the tail lights lol):

Links to the tail lights (black bezel WITHOUT blind spot):

View attachment 56014 View attachment 56015

Bruins5515

Reaction score
Would this apply to the front headlights as well?
From what i have read and been told the LED require a different harness because of the DRL lights, you can run them separately and tap fuse them into the fuse box but i just ordered the morimoto headlights, they still need a tap fuse for DRL but have a 5 year warranty on them. Link to them is below

Chazulson

Reaction score
Very nice, don't forget to post some pics when you get them installed!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would this apply to the front headlights as well?
No.
If you want to get a designated DRL bulb you will either have to purchase a Plug n play harness for the 2019+ Ram 1500 halogen to LED headlights from RetroShop this will allow you to easily add the mid line LED lights to your 19+ Ram 1500! Headlights are not included, this is only the wiring harness / adapter to mate the lights to the truck. Then you can upgrade to Mopar LED DRL Headlights.

or

You can take the route that I did and go after market. I went with the AlphaRex Headlights. It was cheaper than OEM + Harness and it fit the looks for my truck.
RamPatriotHeadlights.jpg

Skater

Reaction score
Beautiful red on that Ram and like Ram Patriot said... via emoji ... cool stripes.

Skater

Reaction score
Makes for evidence of automotive business expenses come April (July this year) 15th.

Alexamado

Reaction score
I may have some OEM LED headlights for a 2020 Ram 1500 for sale. They are brand new MOPAR in the box. Hit me up

Users who are viewing this thread