5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM brake controller

L.M. Rog

Reaction score
Ok I’ve read several threads here and can’t find a definitive answer to my question. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with a factory brake controller.

I’ve watched several videos online and see where other trucks have a brake controller in the setting section of the radio display.

My controller shows up on my instrument panel screen but only allows for the gain and is permanently in the light electric brake setting, not allowing me to change it to heavy or any other setting.

Stopped at my local dealer and service writer said that’s just how they work and is the only way it displays and won’t show on my radio display.

So does anyone else have the ability to save and change brake settings on the setting screen of the radio display or is the service writer correct?

Thanks LM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok I’ve read several threads here and can’t find a definitive answer to my question. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with a factory brake controller.

I’ve watched several videos online and see where other trucks have a brake controller in the setting section of the radio display.

My controller shows up on my instrument panel screen but only allows for the gain and is permanently in the light electric brake setting, not allowing me to change it to heavy or any other setting.

Stopped at my local dealer and service writer said that’s just how they work and is the only way it displays and won’t show on my radio display.

So does anyone else have the ability to save and change brake settings on the setting screen of the radio display or is the service writer correct?

Thanks LM

Hey bud...just went out to my truck. Select the U Connect apps button. Then on screen 2 is a button "SETTINGS". In settings, scroll to the bottom and you see trailer brake. You can create 4 custom settings there and change all of your parameters to best suit your needs.

L.M. Rog

Reaction score
I’m missing that on mine, that what I tried to explain to the service writer. Looks like I’ll have to make an appointment to get it fixed. Appreciate the help

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can take a few pics if you like? Do you have the 8.4 or 12" screen? It may have to do with the type of screen you have too but not sure. Happy to help anyway I can my friend!

L.M. Rog

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 inch screen. I’ve seen videos with the standard small display as well as the 12 inch and both are as you described. I’m guessing it needs flashed or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/