5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Sure...

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So a local dealer has several 2021 RAM 1500 Limited's I am interested in. Loaded with split tailgate (no RAM boxes which I don't want). MSRP is close to $73K and they are willing to sell either one for $63K. Trying to get them closer to $60K but the remaining 2020's aren't helping my situation. They offered me $48K for my truck if I leave the Retrax on which I can't use anyway if I get a split gate truck. I paid just over $57K about 2 years ago. Looking at both BLACK and GRANITE with the Night Edition Package...they both are loaded to the max and without Ram Boxes. Trying to decide if it's worth it to do it now? Wait for the 2021 Ford F150 Platinum which stickers at just over $71K? Or wait for the 2022 RAM?

Decisions...decisions :unsure:

Thoughts anyone?
I didn't read through the whole thread but if you spend $90 on the Right-on brackets you can take your Retrax with you if it's the same bed length. Probably a better value to take it with than to leave and buy another.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't read through the whole thread but if you spend $90 on the Right-on brackets you can take your Retrax with you if it's the same bed length. Probably a better value to take it with than to leave and buy another.
Bill, do you have a link to the brackets? The bed lengths are the same.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bill, do you have a link to the brackets? The bed lengths are the same.
Here's a recent post with the link. Read through this thread as I think there's at least one set of install pics for the Retrax which seemed to be and easy install without any issues.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here's a recent post with the link. Read through this thread as I think there's at least one set of install pics for the Retrax which seemed to be and easy install without any issues.

Thanks Bill...exactly what I was looking for. So, if I decide to get another RAM, it's nice to know I can reuse my current Retrax! I appreciate your help in directing me to a solution(y)

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I owned a 2014 F150 and the seats were worse than the 2010 Ram it replaced imo. Mine had leather. I had a short bed and the bed shook horribly over bumps. You could look in the mirror and watch the bed shaking. That said my 2014 F150 remains the KING of headlights. Those HID's crush the newer LED headlights in both my F350 and new Ram Rebel. I did get flashed a lot in the 2014. Sadly some idiot charged out of a side street and T boned my 2014 totaling it.
Ugh no good. But maybe that's why mine were more comfortable....my F150 had the cloth seats.

phxcsm

Reaction score
I am in negotiations for a 2021 white limited Ram with Rambox which I want. So far on a MSRP of 71,155 I am down to 62,206 with $4,500 of additional off with rebates. $1,500 from the dealer and Ram sent me a $2,500 rebate plus I got some funkly $500 off with a Newsweek rebate. If you go to corporate Ram website you can get a $1,500 rebate. (the $2,500 came unsolicited but can't use both) My problem is my 2019 Ram LL which is loaded and is in perfect condition with only 16.5m miles. They are only willing to give me $45m with trade in. Am also negociating with another dealership for a similar but Night Edition which on am not sure of as a good looking truck for at least me. Go to youtube and look for a video of a guy using his Ramboxes. Completely changed my mind on them. in the positive.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am in negotiations for a 2021 white limited Ram with Rambox which I want. So far on a MSRP of 71,155 I am down to 62,206 with $4,500 of additional off with rebates. $1,500 from the dealer and Ram sent me a $2,500 rebate plus I got some funkly $500 off with a Newsweek rebate. If you go to corporate Ram website you can get a $1,500 rebate. (the $2,500 came unsolicited but can't use both) My problem is my 2019 Ram LL which is loaded and is in perfect condition with only 16.5m miles. They are only willing to give me $45m with trade in. Am also negociating with another dealership for a similar but Night Edition which on am not sure of as a good looking truck for at least me. Go to youtube and look for a video of a guy using his Ramboxes. Completely changed my mind on them. in the positive.
I just bought my 2021 Limited Night Edition with the MFT, but no RAM Boxes yesterday. My MSRP was $72,800. My 2019 Loaded Limited had 10,360 miles on her and I was able to get $48K. My 2021 ended up at $59,500 after Employee Discount and Rebates. Go to both Vroom and Carvana's website and get the value of your truck. Dealers around here were looking at around $46K. I showed them what Vroom was willing to buy it for and they matched the $48K without blinking an eye.

RAM2021.JPG

phxcsm

Reaction score
Thanks that helpful but one manager showed me the computer program they use for appraising used cars. I was blown away. It tells you how long that particular model will sit on the lot, costs of all kinds of issues (for instance the service dept. charges the new car dept. 400 to clean) So with that kind of program I was left holding my ying yang in my hand. He would not budge. Thanks will try Varoom and Carvana.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks that helpful but one manager showed me the computer program they use for appraising used cars. I was blown away. It tells you how long that particular model will sit on the lot, costs of all kinds of issues (for instance the service dept. charges the new car dept. 400 to clean) So with that kind of program I was left holding my ying yang in my hand. He would not budge. Thanks will try Varoom and Carvana.
Dealers here did the same until I showed them what Vroom would buy it for. I guarantee you that the dealer that took my trade at $48K will easily get $52K or more after an investment of maybe $500 in prep. Still not a bad profit on a used truck that's in high demand. I guarantee you my truck won't sit on their lot for long and neither will yours!

zzz.PNG

BNeal

Reaction score
Walk away and sell the truck yourself. I'll bet you don't get back to your driveway before they are calling you with a sweeter deal.

Users who are viewing this thread