5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Package Question

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Just received a call from my dealer that RAM is holding firm and doing nothing about this. They said the most important document is the window sticker and the build sheet means nothing. Since the window sticker does not mention memory mirrors, they are not going to compensate me or offer anything.

Thoughts?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just received a call from my dealer that RAM is holding firm and doing nothing about this. They said the most important document is the window sticker and the build sheet means nothing. Since the window sticker does not mention memory mirrors, they are not going to compensate me or offer anything.

Thoughts?

Tell them the window sticker doesn’t mention air conditioning, either. Does that mean they wouldn’t make it right if they had left your AC compressor out?

Wolf

Reaction score

Thoughts?
At the time you purchased the truck, it was listed as part of your "package"(Sport, North, Black) on Rams website. It also had a definition of what, "mirrors w/ memory" is. Half the things listed as "included" as part of the package aren't on the window sticker, but are on the build sheet. Everything on the "included" list on Rams website except "mirrors w/memory" is on your truck. Everything on the "included" list, including "mirrors w/memory" is on your build sheet. According to Rams website(which clearly defined the "mirrors w/memory"s function) and your build sheet when you bought the truck "mirrors w/memory" is an "included" option that is missing.

That being said, it can not be added to your truck. It is impossible as the wiring harness is not the right one. Explain you would just like a little compensation for the clearly missing item. Don't get an attitude with anyone you speak to. Just stay firm and speak clearly with the confidence that you KNOW they screwed up and owe you a little something. The screen shots in this thread should help your case with your dealer. When I stood my ground, they could clearly see it on their own website. It has been removed. Let them know that you know they removed it from the website, because they know they misrepresented the included items. Let them also know that you understand they removed it from the "included" list to protect themselves in the future, but that doesn't change the FACT that it was listed as an "included" item when you bought your truck.

Just stay firm, calm and reasonable in your requests for compensation.

As I said before, they started every(12 or so) call with, "It should have been ordered that way if you wanted it. That is something that needs to be installed at the factory". I always replied, "I completely understand. However, my truck is a North Edition and since mirrors with memory is an included item on the North Edition, it was ordered properly to get them. Also, it is listed on my build sheet which is what the factory works from. Ramtrucks.com clearly defines what mirrors with memory is and I don't have that function on my truck. I have all other included items. I understand it was an oversite on somebody's part and my truck can never have mirrors with memory. That doesn't change the fact that an item clearly listed as included on my chosen package and also with a very clearly defined function is missing from my truck".

Last edited:

sjsleuth

Reaction score
What defines the tow package? Do you have the Tow Brake? I have the hitch not sure if this qualifies as the tow package. Thanks!
Mine says on sticker power mirrors are deleted if you have towing mirrors, hence the memory mirror won't work on non powered mirrors.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Ok everyone...here is the latest update.

Spoke with my dealer who said they spoke with their regional RAM manager and he said if it is not listed on the Monroney, he was not going to do anything about it...period. Even though it is listed on my build sheet, that was irrelevant. It sounds like this issue has gone up the foodchain and they are trying to protect from all North Package owners from asking for compensation. I followed @Wolf 's suggestion of staying calm and repeating my issue and being reasonable in my compensation request (I never even got the chance...i was told no almost immediately).

Spoke with FCA Customer Care who opened a case and after several weeks, emailed me, and said they were sending me back to the dealer since I purchased the truck from a dealership (where else would i purchase it from?) Even though they agreee my vehicle should have the feature they wanted nothing to do with this. Again, sounds like this has gone up the foodchain.

Well, I have come to the end of my rope with this and have contacted the Ohio Attorney General's Office and have filed a formal complaint. I will let you know what they say. @RamCares

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok everyone...here is the latest update.

Spoke with my dealer who said they spoke with their regional RAM manager and he said if it is not listed on the Monroney, he was not going to do anything about it...period. Even though it is listed on my build sheet, that was irrelevant. It sounds like this issue has gone up the foodchain and they are trying to protect from all North Package owners from asking for compensation. I followed @Wolf 's suggestion of staying calm and repeating my issue and being reasonable in my compensation request (I never even got the chance...i was told no almost immediately).

Spoke with FCA Customer Care who opened a case and after several weeks, emailed me, and said they were sending me back to the dealer since I purchased the truck from a dealership (where else would i purchase it from?) Even though they agreee my vehicle should have the feature they wanted nothing to do with this. Again, sounds like this has gone up the foodchain.

Well, I have come to the end of my rope with this and have contacted the Ohio Attorney General's Office and have filed a formal complaint. I will let you know what they say. @RamCares

Yeah, that is such baloney trying to hide behind the Monroney. There is a ton of stuff that is not listed there that, obviously, they would have to deal with if it wasn't on the truck. The Tradesman doesn't have a door over the compartment that, on a Laramie or Limited, is the top glove box. The Monroney for a Limited does not say that there is a door covering that compartment. If a somebody bought a Limited and it didn't have that door would they hide behind the Monroney as the justification for not fixing it?

Such BS. I would think the AG would be able to make a solid case for fraud on this.

Users who are viewing this thread