5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NON-ORP 5100 Install This Weekend - Setting Advice!

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
So I've read every page of the "Bilstein 5100" thread, the Lifts/Level sticky, and a million other related threads. Still not 100% sure on what to do... I have a 2019 Laramie Black Appearance 6.4' bed with the 22's, just recently put on 305/45 Toyo Open Country AT 3's. They're essentially a 33x12" tire. I've seen very few pictures of NON-ORPs with a similar setup, they're either ORP or Rebel's or have 34"+ tires that change the dynamic.

I have the front and rear 5100s in my possession and the motofab 1" rear spring spacer. I'm between

Setting #5, rear stock height.
Setting #5, rear 1" spacer.
Setting #6, rear 1" spacer.

I wanted to go with a larger tire but did not want to go to an LT. I don't want to have too much tire to fender gap and make the tire look too small, but I also don't want it to be too subtle. I want to visually be level or a slight rake. I do not want the front to appear higher.

What say you? Anyone has similar, please share a pic.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please provide your current measurements from ground to wheel well, front and rear …. That is where the whole decision making process starts …. I’ve been grinding on this decision since October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Please provide your current measurements from ground to wheel well, front and rear …. That is where the whole decision making process starts …. I’ve been grinding on this decision since October

I meant to include them

Hub to flair:
Front 21.5"
Rear 23.75"

Ground measurements were:
Front between 36" & 36.25"
Rear between 38.5" & 38.625" (5/8)

THESE MEASUREMENTS WERE TAKEN BEFORE THE 305/45'S WERE INSTALLED. I need to take new ones with the tires.

Last edited:

397STROKER

Reaction score
I would say you are around 2" of rake, as the front fender-well is cut about 1/4" higher than the rear. So position 5 gives you 1.7" and if memory serves me right position 6 is 2.2". I would go with 5 and see what it looks like, then if you want more rake, add the 1" space in the rear. If you go with 6, I would say you will need the rear spacer or you will be slightly high in the front.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you go with either setting 5 or 6 and the 1" spacer those 33's will look small in your truck.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say you are around 2" of rake, as the front fender-well is cut about 1/4" higher than the rear. So position 5 gives you 1.7" and if memory serves me right position 6 is 2.2". I would go with 5 and see what it looks like, then if you want more rake, add the 1" space in the rear. If you go with 6, I would say you will need the rear spacer or you will be slightly high in the front.

I agree with ^^^ this …. At 1.7” #5 you wouldn’t have to mess with UCA’s

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you go with either setting 5 or 6 and the 1" spacer those 33's will look small in your truck.

I disagree …. Some people like the “stuffed” look, some like a more “lifted” look with a good bit of fender gap

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree …. Some people like the “stuffed” look, some like a more “lifted” look with a good bit of fender gap

Diou read the OPs initial post? He specifically said he does not want too much fender to tire gap

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Diou read the OPs initial post? He specifically said he does not want too much fender to tire gap

Sure did …. He also says he doesn’t want it “too subtle” ….. so as you can see, not sure “we” can tell “him” what he wants …. Lol …. As is the case in so many threads

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put the front to the stock setting clip if that’s the case. This was stock with 33s. Non orp
55007934da79146d0f420a7c59246d78.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure did …. He also says he doesn’t want it “too subtle” ….. so as you can see, not sure “we” can tell “him” what he wants …. Lol …. As is the case in so many threads

Guess it depends on how you interpret his comment. Just a front level makes a very noticeable difference, so there's really nothing subtle about it. I have 34's on my ORP truck with front Bilstiens set at 4, and will probably go with 35s the next time I buy tires.

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know it's difficult to articulate or interpret subjective opinion. I think I'm going to go with my original gut thought, as 397Stroker suggested, at setting #5 and see what it looks like, then add the spacer if needed.

I guess I was thrown off by seeing a few at #6 with 1" spacers that looked great, but I'm pretty sure they had 34" tires.

ferrai0l01 - I'm surprised that's at stock height as it appears to have a decent stance. My truck visually has much more rake.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well the front is stock. Rear is lowered 2in there.

Imo I wouldn’t ad any lift to these trucks if only running a 33.

Heck I’m running basically a 33 now on a 2/4in drop

Users who are viewing this thread