5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise heard when turning into driveway

pikemike

Reaction score
In talking with the dealer service manager today, he said since this TSB latest rev includes only V6 eTorque, they can’t perform the work on my vehicle, V8 Hemi eTorque. Interestingly, the original issue, was not engine specific. He emphasized that Chrysler is a real stickler on this, but he will look into it.

Why would they exclude the hemi? It’s clear the issue is widespread beyond the V6.

gman524

Reaction score
I hear a low frequency groan or vibration when turning right into the driveway. It appears to be coming from either the left front suspension or the steering column. It’s hard to pinpoint precisely where the source is. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas as to what it could be?
I had the same issue with my 2021 1500 Big Horn. Unfortunately the other day I hit a raccoon in the road while driving to work. When I got there I noticed a rubber piece hanging down where I had hit the animal. Good for me but bad for raccoon was that I never new that in 2019 Ram installed a motorized air dam deflector in the front end that lowers at high speeds and raises when you shut your truck off. This is was damaged by raccoon so I removed the JUST THE RUBBER PIECE 4 bolts and my truck no longer makes that noise when I turn right at low speeds.

pikemike

Reaction score
In talking with the dealer service manager today, he said since this TSB latest rev includes only V6 eTorque, they can’t perform the work on my vehicle, V8 Hemi eTorque. Interestingly, the original issue, was not engine specific. He emphasized that Chrysler is a real stickler on this, but he will look into it.

Why would they exclude the hemi? It’s clear the issue is widespread beyond the V6.
Normally it takes TSB search a while to answer when you can’t find a TSB, but today they responded shortly after I posted above. There is a REV B! And now they have removed the limitation of V6 engines, and this TSB does apply to any engine.

Attachments

• tsb 08-137-21 rev b.pdf
    693.3 KB · Views: 19

pikemike

Reaction score
So I received the TSB update and new tires and the steering column noise is now gone. Making right turns into driveway and parking lots and no issue. Problem solved. Thanks team.

pikemike

Reaction score
Me too. The TSB allows 0.2 hours and I declined performing any diagnosis. Based on this forum discussion, I told them not necessary, just complete TSB and I’ll cover 0.5 hour max. That’s what it ended up being. Not too bad and it’s fixed now.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too. The TSB allows 0.2 hours and I declined performing any diagnosis. Based on this forum discussion, I told them not necessary, just complete TSB and I’ll cover 0.5 hour max. That’s what it ended up being. Not too bad and it’s fixed now.
Good to know. I'll have to call the local and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread