5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Zero % Incentive on MEGA 2500?

Lombana

Reaction score
We've been shopping for a number of months and now that there are zero percent / 84mo offers it looks like I can get a new truck instead of something used and keep the pricing about the same. The issue I have is that I want to trade my '16 2500 Crew for a new 2500 MEGA and just found out from the dealer that MEGA cabs are literally EXcluded from the offers.

Does anyone have any idea why they would specifically target the MEGA out of the deals? Or is this possibly an oversight by someone in marketing.

JeremyLee

Reaction score
Unfortunately what we are seeing around here is the zero for 84 only applies to 1500’s not the 2500’s some dealerships will do the Zero percent on the 2019 2500’s

Lombana

Reaction score
Same here (the last couple of weeks), 2019 had the zero percent, 2020 didn't unless it's a 1500 then either year got the zero. The odd thing for me was that they specifically excluded the Mega cab, any trim level on a 2019 had zero, any bed length (6.5 and 8) but for some reason, the Mega is completely excluded.

Going to keep monitoring and see if at some point something changes but had to see if anyone else saw this and thought it was odd to them as well.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Miguel

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see 0% for 36 months, W/rebates
4.03% for 60 Months w rebates ( which was 3.7% last month.... )
and 0% for 84 months, no rebates.

in S FL. Some models dont have 0% for 84 months. Might be age on lot or something else. All the 2019's have it for sure.

NJC1684

Reaction score
The 2500/3500's are excluded because they have no problem selling those. They put the incentives on the 1500's to cut into Ford's market share.

Lombana

Reaction score
So when you select 2019, Laramie or other trim and hit the dropdown for Cab / Box combo, you see Mega? I tried a few different zip codes including the one I used to live in when I lived in S. Fla and the only options that come up for 2500 are Crew w/8' and Crew w/6.5' boxes, Mega isn't an option and the dealers that I've spoken to advised that in their configurator, they can't add Mega to a deal either. In the end, not a huge deal but ultimately the Mega would be a much better fit for us because of the extra size in the back with the seat down. When you have 3 Aussies in the back of the 2016 Crew on a 5000-mile road trip, one of the dogs always ends up on the floor, and yes we're crazy to buy a truck for the sake of the dogs LOL.

Attachments

• No Mega.JPG
    No Mega.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 4

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Logically, I would say that 2500 MEGA trucks are purchased by businesses, the majority of the time, and not general consumers like those on this forum. The rebates are to create demand for the high-volume 1500 series and not "MEGA work trucks" that are low volume sellers. Actually makes perfect sense.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Considering you can not get a Mega Cab in a tradesman...i doubt they have much interest from businesses. Mega Cabs are almost always Laramie or Limited. Very few even sell in the Bighorn trim.

Unless the comment was sarcasm and a different use for the word Mega.

The Mega Cabs dont have rebates because NO ONE else makes them. RAM EXCLUSIVE.

@Lombana if you are in the market for a RAM HD then you may want to check out our sister site HDRAMS.COM

In case you didn't notice this site is for the smaller brother in the family

Lombana

Reaction score
Considering you can not get a Mega Cab in a tradesman...i doubt they have much interest from businesses. Mega Cabs are almost always Laramie or Limited. Very few even sell in the Bighorn trim.

Unless the comment was sarcasm and a different use for the word Mega.

The Mega Cabs dont have rebates because NO ONE else makes them. RAM EXCLUSIVE.

@Lombana if you are in the market for a RAM HD then you may want to check out our sister site HDRAMS.COM

In case you didn't notice this site is for the smaller brother in the family

Thank you for the heads up on the 2nd site... wilco..

Users who are viewing this thread