5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No USB Outlets or 12 Volt outlets in the backseat??

ncsu92

Reaction score
I almost bought one without. Noticed as we were finalizing the deal that there were no outlets in the back. My kids would not have been happy if they could not charge their phones. Luckily I noticed it and purchased one with the Level 2 package.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
Is there not any 12 volt or USB Cable outlets in the back seat of the truck??

I have the 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition.
Well I have the Limited and believe me you won’t miss the usb on the back, it took 24 hours to charge my iPhone to 80%, also the location for the front 12volt, cigarette lighter is not the best now I have a beautiful white cord that covers my 12 inch screen, not mentioning that the cable activates and deactivates things when touches the screen.

Attachments

• CEEFE153-80E9-4F1F-A279-595855B1BEE4.jpeg
    CEEFE153-80E9-4F1F-A279-595855B1BEE4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I almost bought one without. Noticed as we were finalizing the deal that there were no outlets in the back. My kids would not have been happy if they could not charge their phones. Luckily I noticed it and purchased one with the Level 2 package.
How long it takes to charge your devices on these ports?, mine takes forever

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find the usb in the upper console compartment charges the fastest. Just as fast as a normal wall plug.

RT70808

Reaction score
How long it takes to charge your devices on these ports?, mine takes forever
I bought a usb c to lighting for my iPhone/ CarPlay. I had a coworker the other day riding with me and needing a charge so he plugged in and commented on how fast it charged.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I bought a usb c to lighting for my iPhone/ CarPlay. I had a coworker the other day riding with me and needing a charge so he plugged in and commented on how fast it charged.
Ill try the c one, I’ve been using a regular usb and it’s slow

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Mine is the same way. No rear USB ports. Would like to add a factory setup if anyone knows the ins & outs of doing so.
Thanks
Carl

Bleda2002

Reaction score
On the Big Horn there are actually 2 Level 2 packages, one is ”non-bsg”. If you get the "non-bsg" level 2, you lose the 400w inverter, the usb plugs in the back, and the 2 a/c plugs.

Aquitaine

Reaction score
USB c will always charge a lot faster. USB a can be slow....or slower.

smiles5619

Reaction score
You have to have the level 2 package. Level 1 package does not come with the back seat USB or pwr outlet

KRField

Reaction score
Has anyone located the rear usb hub or have a part number? All I can find is hubs for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone please modify your account signature to reflect the vehicle you own. If nobody knows what model you have, they can't offer advise.

KRField

Reaction score
Everyone please modify your account signature to reflect the vehicle you own. If nobody knows what model you have, they can't offer advise.

Sorry only use Tapatalk and no way to add all of that, I will try to get on the laptop and do all it sometime.

I have a Bighorn Level1 sport package with bucket seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread