5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Off Road 2 with Air Suspension

MidTN21Rebel

Reaction score
Brand new member to 5thGenRams, and I apologize if this has been addressed already ... I have a new 2021 Rebel with the air suspension, and when I try to put it into Off-Road 2, I get a notification on the dash that states "the selected ride height is not permitted". Any ideas? I appreciate any knowledge you can share.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel's and other RAM 1500's with the Off Road Package don't have the OR2 setting. Your "Normal" setting is essentially OR1 in other trucks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the response.
Welcome to the forum!
Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
If you have the 5 modes for air suspension which show as 5 lights then there is something wrong and you should have dealership look at it.
Off Road Group only has 4 settings and therefore 4 lights, and don't have access to OR2.
Are you trying to get into OR2 while driving? Cause it will not work above 25mph and should show you message like you the one are seeing.

Skyalkov

Reaction score
Are you talking about the highest setting? It’s only available under I believe 25 mph. Anything over that will max out at normal. Can use normal and aero at any speed. Entry is limited to 20 mph.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about the highest setting? It’s only available under I believe 25 mph. Anything over that will max out at normal. Can use normal and aero at any speed. Entry is limited to 20 mph.
correct 25 mph for the highest setting, but it’s only 15 mph for entry/exit mode

Users who are viewing this thread