5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No OEM remote start for ‘20 Bighorn?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don’t know why this wouldn’t work. Unless the service manager saw the install instructions and was not confident his crew could install without damaging the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. No good on power tailgate (I don't think you can get on Bighorn) or air suspension (I believe you can get on Bighorn).

KRField

Reaction score
Good point. No good on power tailgate (I don't think you can get on Bighorn) or air suspension (I believe you can get on Bighorn).

I don’t know why you couldn’t use this kit then use new fobiks with those functions and have those programmed to the truck.

It says it comes with “5” button fobiks. The dealer could not tell me what the 5th button was for, they even called Mopar to no avail. But they only know what the computer screen tells them.

The bighorn can have remote tailgate programmed to a fobik with the function. It had instructions for the flash on my damper install instructions.

Stack

Reaction score
Don’t know why this wouldn’t work. Unless the service manager saw the install instructions and was not confident his crew could install without damaging the truck.

If you look at the specifics, it’s for model year 2019.

Stack

Reaction score
Do u have that on a we owe documents that they signed when negotiating?
Yes I do. Checked my paperwork, which states in writing that the part was ordered. Now I’m curious what “part” is on order? :unsure:

kittyjo

Reaction score
Yes I do. Checked my paperwork, which states in writing that the part was ordered. Now I’m curious what “part” is on order? :unsure:
By law they have to do the stuff on that document... and that’s odd the part isn’t listed on it

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
Hold them to the “we owe” sheet. The first Ram I bought in July, they hastily promised to add the LED Package as a condition of the sale. Two weeks later, they tried to add LED aftermarket bulbs to my new truck for the $900 they charged me. I held firm and between that and another issue with bed spray, they were forced to void the sale after I threatened to take them to court. Marshall CDJR in Kentucky.

Last edited:

Ramster

Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn level 1 came with remote start. I suppose it can be ordered by the dealer that way.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For reference I have a 2019 Bighorn Level 2 package North edition 4wd came with remote start factory.

Stack

Reaction score
I linked one above. Super nice kit and can add smartphone module too.
Does look nice but I highly doubt the dealership is going to install that in my truck. I could be wrong. I’ll ask. So far no one has had any answers for me.

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
Long story short the dealer promised to install a remote start on the new truck I picked up last week. It was part of our negotiations. Called today to find out what the delay was and the parts department tells me there’s no OEM remote start for my 2020 Bighorn. The sales rep and manager were either ignorant to this or straight up lied to close the sale. My cynical side says the latter.

I guess my question is, does anyone here have a remote start on their 2020 Bighorn (Longhorn) that came pre-installed with the truck?

Thanks

so, Ram deleted remote start as an available option? or is it that the dealer doesnt have an after-delivery addon kit from RAM? Glad I got my 2019 when I did. I use the remote start almost every weekday when I go to work..

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Does look nice but I highly doubt the dealership is going to install that in my truck. I could be wrong. I’ll ask. So far no one has had any answers for me.
Do it yourself or have a local shop do it. Done deal.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with a level 1 2020 Rebel. I just don't understand why remote start isn't standard on vehicles costing 50K or more.... Beyond the Mopar remote start kit, I found this which will reuse your existing fob:

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Read the OP. :rolleyes:
I can read perfectly fine *******. If he wants remote start and the dealer isnt gonna work with him, which i might add happens all the time, he has to figure another option out. If im not mistaken, this forum is here to help one another. If you dont want to help, keep your smartass comments to yourself.

RAMpage

Reaction score
My 19 came with oem remote start. Here is an aftermarket one that i wish I would’ve gone with so i could have my iphone app control like my silverado and sierra had.

Looks like a decent option. $39/yr fee is much better than what UConnect wants a year to just have smartphone remote start!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read the OP. :rolleyes:
You asked if anyone had OEM remote start on their 2020 Bighorn. Even if someone has it I'm not sure how that helps you, unless you plan on using that as ammunition that it can in fact be installed based on your configuration. Did you try going online and building the truck you configured? What does it say is included?

Stack

Reaction score
I can read perfectly fine *******. If he wants remote start and the dealer isnt gonna work with him, which i might add happens all the time, he has to figure another option out. If im not mistaken, this forum is here to help one another. If you dont want to help, keep your smartass comments to yourself.
Okay my apologies. I know there are 3rd party options, where I can pay someone to do the install. This would defeat the negotiations I made with the dealer to have them do it at no cost to me. And as you pointed out, dealers are shady so getting reimbursed would be a whole new headache.
After 4 weeks and a half dozen calls to my dealer, I’m fed up with the runaround. I was hoping to find one instance where someone else on this forum had their dealer install a non-factory remote start on their 2020 Ram. Then at least I’d know it can be done. My next call is to corporate and Dodge customer relations. More time wasted on this sh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread