5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No OEM remote start for ‘20 Bighorn?

Stack

Reaction score
Long story short the dealer promised to install a remote start on the new truck I picked up last week. It was part of our negotiations. Called today to find out what the delay was and the parts department tells me there’s no OEM remote start for my 2020 Bighorn. The sales rep and manager were either ignorant to this or straight up lied to close the sale. My cynical side says the latter.

I guess my question is, does anyone here have a remote start on their 2020 Bighorn (Longhorn) that came pre-installed with the truck?

Thanks

kittyjo

Reaction score
Long story short the dealer promised to install a remote start on the new truck I picked up last week. It was part of our negotiations. Called today to find out what the delay was and the parts department tells me there’s no OEM remote start for my 2020 Bighorn. The sales rep and manager were either ignorant to this or straight up lied to close the sale. My cynical side says the latter.

I guess my question is, does anyone here have a remote start on their 2020 Bighorn (Longhorn) that came pre-installed with the truck?

Thanks
Do u have that on a we owe documents that they signed when negotiating?

Stack

Reaction score
Do u have that on a we owe documents that they signed when negotiating?
I have some work order on paper. Will have to check it when I get home to see exactly what it states.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 Bighorn with a level 2 package has a remote start according to build info.

see post 2

Last edited:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ agree, to have it on bighorn has to be level 2 equipment group. Still I don’t see why It can’t be done with out lvl2.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score

Thanks
My 19 came with oem remote start. Here is an aftermarket one that i wish I would’ve gone with so i could have my iphone app control like my silverado and sierra had.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know if things changed for the 2020, but my level 1 equipment group 2019 Big Horn (Lone Star) came with remote start from the factory.
That’s why I said... still would think it can be done. Some simple coding and new fabs programmed.

mpurkey

Reaction score
Just hope it’s in your “we owe”. If not you may be screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stack

Reaction score
I have the Level 1 equipment package which did not come with a remote start. Loved everything else about the truck. Told the sales rep we had a deal if he’d add the remote start ...and here we are. Waiting for a call back. I’m f$&#ing pissed! :mad:

Stack

Reaction score
To clarify, I was told it was on order when I picked up the truck last Wednesday. Today I was told by a different person, there is no OEM remote start for my truck.

Ramboy40

Reaction score

Thanks

I have the level one package also..with no remote start...I'm currently looking into aftermarket starters..

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I have the level one package also..with no remote start...I'm currently looking into aftermarket starters..

look at the one i linked above. Have used one on a Hyundai and they are excellent kits. Easy installation.

Jako

Reaction score
That’s why I said... still would think it can be done. Some simple coding and new fabs programmed.
I agree that it would seem that it could be entered. The post on ""adding passive entry" may explain why it may not be able to be entered. FCA may want it so individual upgrades are not allowed to force sales to higher trim levels. In the Bighorn case to level 2 trim package.
How long has the salesman worked selling Rams? There are more educated members on this forum than a lot of sales people. He may have thought it could be done. On the other side the key fob costs may be the deterrent at the dealership.

See post 126

Jako

Reaction score
Not sure on that. Not even sure where to look for that i for. I purchase my 19 on October 25 of this year.
It is on your window sticker (bottom left) above the scan bar on the right side, four digit number. I know some times vehicles come in contrary to the allowable build. In my case I have a 2006 Honda Accord that is silver with a gray interior that was on the lot and the way wife and I wanted it, couldn't order that way though. Nice to have the remote start on a level 1, anything else contrary to a level 1?

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Nice to have the remote start on a level 1, anything else contrary to a level 1?
I cannot answer that question. This is my first vehicle that isn’t a Chevy or GMC. However, i am loving this truck!

KRField

Reaction score
Don’t know why this wouldn’t work. Unless the service manager saw the install instructions and was not confident his crew could install without damaging the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread