5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" Bed with HEMI and NO ETORQUE

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am ready to place an order but unfortunately I cannot. I confirmed with two dealerships that they are no longer able to order a Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed with 5.7L Hemi no eTorque. The only options are a V6 or the Hemi w/eTorque. The non eTorque Hemi is still available for the 6'4" bed but not the 5'7" bed. District Rep for dealer stated this is the only way the factory will be producing this truck (presumably from now going forward). I cannot get the 6'4" bed due to wife's criteria for ease of driving and cannot pay any more money for the eTorque. Wow, I cannot believe RAM is limiting this after offering it for so long. Highly discouraged I cannot order the truck I envisioned.
wow my wife wants the 6'4'' bed

cw_mi

Reaction score
Wouldn't own one of these trucks with the 5' 7" bed. The added length doesn't make it undrivable.
Just buy want you want and tell her it's the short bed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
I believe that FCA NA just has too many eTorque gen units in their supply chain because they have not at all sold up to forecasted levels, and they need to move them, so it is real easy and standard practice to just tell dealers they can only order eTorques for a while... plus it helps to raise their total line-up actual EPA MPG for the feds. Also, I am also absolutely from the Customer school of ordering trucks with Exactly the options wanted, needed, and affordable. I never get so excited about buying a new truck to just take any $50 - $60k truck off a lot. For $60k-ish, it darn well better be exactly the optioned truck you desire. Maybe it’s on a lot somewhere, maybe not. But for a truck with so many options and configurations, chances are it is not on a lot. And finally, if you don’t already know MORE details and specs about the truck you want - than your dealer salesman does - then you have not done enough homework, and you are not ready to buy or order a truck. Remember, you are the buyer, the dealer is just the salesman. Don’t ever expect to get what you want, or the best deal available, if you don’t know more than the seller. You will live with the truck for 10 years. The salesman will move on to another Customer in 10 minutes. My strong suggestion: if you want to be happy for 10 years, hold out for exactly the truck you want. Buy nothing more, and nothing less.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that FCA NA just has too many eTorque gen units in their supply chain because they have not at all sold up to forecasted levels, and they need to move them, so it is real easy and standard practice to just tell dealers they can only order eTorques for a while... plus it helps to raise their total line-up actual EPA MPG for the feds. Also, I am also absolutely from the Customer school of ordering trucks with Exactly the options wanted, needed, and affordable. I never get so excited about buying a new truck to just take any $50 - $60k truck off a lot. For $60k-ish, it darn well better be exactly the optioned truck you desire. Maybe it’s on a lot somewhere, maybe not. But for a truck with so many options and configurations, chances are it is not on a lot. And finally, if you don’t already know MORE details and specs about the truck you want - than your dealer salesman does - then you have not done enough homework, and you are not ready to buy or order a truck. Remember, you are the buyer, the dealer is just the salesman. Don’t ever expect to get what you want, or the best deal available, if you don’t know more than the seller. You will live with the truck for 10 years. The salesman will move on to another Customer in 10 minutes. My strong suggestion: if you want to be happy for 10 years, hold out for exactly the truck you want. Buy nothing more, and nothing less.
That would be ironic, as they raised the price of eTorque significantly when early demand far exceeded projections. I remember early discussions suggesting FCA eventually intends to standardize eTorque...was that just a myth, @Jared B, or still a planned phase-in?

clotagames

Reaction score
FCA doing same thing on new Jeep wranglers. Pushing the 2.0 turbo for fuel mileage. Dealers cannot order v6 for stock-just retail.

metb4

Reaction score
Bench seat has all the functionality of the buckets so I do not see the point in getting the buckets... its cheaper and I like the openness of the cab without the console plus there is plenty of storage in the armrest and under the middle seat of the bench. Bed Utility group will be nice to have for the spray liner, bed hooks, and LED lights in the bed, and the tank will just be nice to not fill it up as often.

Can anyone confirm that with the bench seat I will still retain all lumbar support and memory seat etc.. I am pretty sure all of that is retained but it is the only thing I am somewhat hesitant on because website only specifies it on the buckets but I have seen benches with it and maybe it is part of the Level 2 package by default.
I have a Laramie with the bench seat - needed it for our family of 6. Personally I love it. The arm rest is super comfy when I'm not hauling 6 and there's plenty of storage under the arm rest and under the seat bottom.

Yes you will retain all power-seat functionality, including lumbar.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the bench seat.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably pretty unlikely to find that set of options on a dealer lot somewhere. I think it is unlikely that a dealer would order a truck with level 2 equipment, ASG, and the pano roof but then keep the bench seat and 18" wheels - that is a pretty specific set of options. Figure most people buying trucks with level 2, ASG, and pano roofs are likely looking for more fully loaded trucks (buckets, 20's). Dealers order what they know is going to sell quickly.
Exactly correct. They order in what sells. I’m sure there are lots of stats that go into dealer lot stock orders, as well as regional needs(the Dillon Ram dealer up in Idaho has everything with the tow package for example). That kept me from flying there and driving back with one. I agree that the seating is critical, I couldnt find a low end Limited with the buckets anywhere close, and the list of “must have” options requires some flexibility if you want a lot truck within a reasonable distance. I let go the 33 gallon tank to get mine.

Users who are viewing this thread