5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Customer Care

billbeam

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Limited which came with a First Edition Owner's Manual. This publication, in my opinion, is worthless. Thru Customer Care I requested an updated manual. I received another worthless First Edition. I requested a updated 3rd Edition Manual and was told:

"Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care. Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase!
In your initial email, you advised us that you have received a hard copy owners manual. We only provide one complimentary manual per vehicle owner.
Regarding your request for a copy of the third edition, I recommend that you would contact Tech Authority at 800-890-4038 or visit techauthority.com

Best Wishes,

Anthony
Ram Customer Care" (should say doesn't care)

So he is saying they sent an out dated manual so that satisfied their requirement.
I have downloaded the 3rd Edition to my PC but that is not useful when I am sitting in the truck trying to understand some of the features.
After spending well over $60,000 for the truck I just don't think I should spend another $50 for something that should have been provided by the dealer.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your dealer should be able to procure a hard copy for you. I’m sure they made a nice profit, want your repeat business and you to service it there. Explain the situation to your sales person and/or manager and I would think they’d make it happen.

billbeam

Reaction score
Hi Patsy, The dealer only has Edition One. Deer in the Head Light look when I asked about it.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you look through the forums here , you'll see a bunch of people that ended up with the wrong manual (for the 2019 classic model). Tell either ram customer service or your dealer you see the annual for the DT model . The number on the back of the manual for mine is 19DT-126-AA for a 2019 limited. I'm guessing yours would start with 20DT..

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Download the My Ram app to your phone. If you're lucky, it'll provide you access to the manual via the app. Unfortunately for me, even after numerous calls to the dealer and @RamCares I received only finger pointing advice (it's the dealers fault, it's Ram's fault) and my app thinks I have a 2001 Ram truck when it comes to the owner's manual section even though the home page of the app has my vin and the correct year.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Patsy, The dealer only has Edition One. Deer in the Head Light look when I asked about it.

You can try pointing them to the updated manual and ask them to order it and pay for it if they have to. Tell them it’s important to you and that you would like it and expect them to make it right. They can work it out with FCA if they have to pay etc.

derp

Reaction score
You are at the tip of the iceberg.

At least at the two dealerships i have had contact with to date, no preventative checks for debilitating tsbs done in dealer prep.

One trip in for repair with no improvement even after listing the work as done.
0.0 mile test drives showing that shifting issues improved.
Service dealership saying that anything that happened/broke while they had the truck is not their problem.
Constant failure to update on promised timetable.
Truck sitting for days waiting for diagnosis.

Ram cares 2-5 business day response time "commitment".

Nobody involved to date gives a damn that between negligence and outright idle delay on warranty work is going to lemon law this truck.

I now believe that my warranty is worth less than toilet paper. At least charmin won't scratch my bung.

derp

Reaction score
To add insult to it all, ive just been punted to voicemail 4 times trying to get an update on my truck.
Fist live receptionist transfer to service advisor - voicemail.
Second call, transfer to group voicemail.
Third call, transfer to service manager voicemail.
Fourth call, receptionist handwritten note taped to service advisors monitor.

At this point i may have to drive down there just to find out what is going on.

billbeam

Reaction score
Download the My Ram app to your phone. If you're lucky, it'll provide you access to the manual via the app. Unfortunately for me, even after numerous calls to the dealer and @RamCares I received only finger pointing advice (it's the dealers fault, it's Ram's fault) and my app thinks I have a 2001 Ram truck when it comes to the owner's manual section even though the home page of the app has my vin and the correct year.

I had an app "My Mopar" which had the 2nd Addition Manual. I deleted this app and downloaded "My Ram" and that has the 3rd Edition loaded. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread