5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No CD player in my 2020 1500

Svt40

Reaction score
From what I have been reading on this and other forums is that the center console harness would need to be replaced with one that matches your vehicle option wise as it has the CD player connection to the bus. Then the computer gets flashed to add the CD player.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
When I saw this thread, I got excited about adding the cubby as a better place to put a cell phone. But it appears that in the 2021 Laramie, there is no place for the CD player nor the cubby. :(

CarlaRam30July2021_01.jpg

CarlaRam30July2021_02.jpg

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading through this thread, I actually played a CD in my truck today! It’s the one and only CD in my truck and it’s been in the CD player for the past two years! Sammy Hagar and the Circle which came with the tickets to the show back in the summer of 2019. Listened to it once on the way to the show, and now a second time..

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This truck is the third MOPAR vehicle I've owned since 2012 (First being a Grand Cherokee and the second a Charger) and none have had a CD player, I honesty didn't know they put them in Ram/Jeep/Dodge vehicles anymore...

I was shocked to see one in my wife's '17 Honda (though it's really a BluRay player for the in-car entertainment).

Last edited:

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
But the big questions, is the wire connections will be there ?

turkeybird56

Reaction score
BOIRD dunno, LOL... Happy I have mine so I can play my Janis Joplin, LOL.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I saw this thread, I got excited about adding the cubby as a better place to put a cell phone. But it appears that in the 2021 Laramie, there is no place for the CD player nor the cubby. :(

View attachment 101390

View attachment 101391
I have a 2021 Laramie. Build date is May 2021. I have the cubby hole where the CD player use to be. What's you build date?

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie. Build date is May 2021. I have the cubby hole where the CD player use to be. What's you build date?
Mine is September 2020. It's an early batch 2021 with Level 1 rather than Level/Group A.

OG_Beaker

Reaction score
A couple of updates and some new pictures as I just finally went through the install process.

There are, as pictured below, six total bolts that need to be removed to then be able to literally slide the console back (at least on my 19 Limited). They are all under trim pieces in the following locations:

Front of the console (left and right):

IMG_0707.jpg

Rear of the console (slide your seat all the way forward):

IMG_0711.jpg

While this next part may not be technically required, I found it infinitely easier to remove the CD player this way. I removed six total screws in the order shown below.

1 and 2 allowed the back of the CD player to be free.
3 and 4 allowed the thin trim along the console sides to be lifted up and removed (pro tip, lift your center console first or it will gouge your leather).
5 and 6 allow the ram charger plastic piece to be lifted up.
7 and 8 (on the bottom side of the plastic) allow the CD player to be removed and then the cubby to be installed.

IMG_0708 (1).JPG

I'm still waiting on the plastic mat to come into the dealer, (yes, it a separate part you need to order) but I'm calling this one 99% complete:

64979210167__EFD3DD1E-D393-436A-8FE5-9228A3C84DCF.jpg

Hope this helps anyone looking to complete this, I'm extremely happy with the results and the ease of install.

Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple of updates and some new pictures as I just finally went through the install process.

There are, as pictured below, six total bolts that need to be removed to then be able to literally slide the console back (at least on my 19 Limited). They are all under trim pieces in the following locations:

View attachment 101978

View attachment 101980

While this next part may not be technically required, I found it infinitely easier to remove the CD player this way. I removed six total screws in the order shown below.

3 and 4 allowed the thin trim along the console sides to be lifted up and removed (pro tip, lift your center console first or it will gouge your leather).
7 and 8 (on the bottom side of the plastic) allow the CD player to be removed and then the cubby to be installed.

View attachment 101981

I'm still waiting on the plastic mat to come into the dealer, (yes, it a separate part you need to order) but I'm calling this one 99% complete:

View attachment 101982

Hope this helps anyone looking to complete this, I'm extremely happy with the results and the ease of install.
Awesome write up!!! :cool:(y)

Svt40

Reaction score

View attachment 101978

View attachment 101980

View attachment 101981

View attachment 101982

The connector for the CD player was part of which harness? The dash or center console?

HandyCruiser

Reaction score

View attachment 101978

View attachment 101980

View attachment 101981

View attachment 101982

If needed, could you have removed or replaced the wireless charger panel this way? I've been considering adding the wireless charger to our truck. But the instructions describe removing the whole stereo first. Your method appears much simpler and much faster.

OG_Beaker

Reaction score
If needed, could you have removed or replaced the wireless charger panel this way? I've been considering adding the wireless charger to our truck. But the instructions describe removing the whole stereo first. Your method appears much simpler and much faster.

Yes, 100%, 3, 4, 5, and 6 will allow that whole panel to be lifted up and out if you disconnect the cables from the back.

The connector for the CD player was part of which harness? The dash or center console?

I didn't really look at that, unfortunately. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Users who are viewing this thread