5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grappler VS BFG KO2

Toothninja

Reaction score
Yeah, Ridge Grapplers are more of a hybrid all terrain/mud terrain. The Terra Grappler G2, which I had on my last truck before I had the Ridge Grapplers, are more of an all terrain tire. They are not as nice looking and did not last as long as my Ridge Grapplers did. They were a little quieter though. But with you being in Saudi Arabia, it may be difficult to exchange them. I still love the look of them though!

dakmary

Reaction score
Yeah, Ridge Grapplers are more of a hybrid all terrain/mud terrain. The Terra Grappler G2, which I had on my last truck before I had the Ridge Grapplers, are more of an all terrain tire. They are not as nice looking and did not last as long as my Ridge Grapplers did. They were a little quieter though. But with you being in Saudi Arabia, it may be difficult to exchange them. I still love the look of them though!
Oh definitely they are the best looking tires. I chose them over BFG KO2 which are available here in Saudi.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

RodRow

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. 13k miles and no noticeable wear whatsoever. Very quiet and smooth ride on the pavement + very good in mud and on ice (not sure about snow yet).

Midnight1988

Reaction score
I’m planing to install a 285x65x20 (or 35x11.5x20) on my 2019 limited. I noticed the Nitto Ridge Grappler is very popular here on the forum. Any one has an experience with the BFG KO2? Which of the 2 has a softer and quieter ride? The truck is driven 95% on highways.

I’m hoping I won’t have ANY rubbing issue if I’m leveled
046DD7CC-4F46-4347-B3D1-A6C7EE22FCF8.jpeg 47D7345D-837E-48CA-AE8E-E9EF6CF0B861.jpeg
I love my KO2s. I went with these based off reviews from my friends and certain dealers. I felt like the go really well with the truck.

dakmary

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Ridge Grapplers. 13k miles and no noticeable wear whatsoever. Very quiet and smooth ride on the pavement + very good in mud and on ice (not sure about snow yet).
I LOVE mine, but they are far from quite. Unless we are talking relative to the most aggressive mud tires. OR there might be something wrong with my brand new tires. I only have 100 miles on them.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Zeeya

Reaction score
I wonder why there is such a discrepancy in tread life. My KO2’s have 20,000 miles and barely look used (haven’t measured tread depth). I do lots of highway driving and some off road dirt stuff on occasion. Expecting I’ll get 50,000 out of mine. I am starting to notice a little more road noise, though.
Same here with KO2, out of 4 sets the least I got of them was 56,000, could have ran them longer, but winter time in west Texas gets a LIL rough so I changed them out

Eric326

Reaction score
Same here with KO2, out of 4 sets the least I got of them was 56,000, could have ran them longer, but winter time in west Texas gets a LIL rough so I changed them out
Just curious, what was the rough tire pressure that you ran in your KO2's? Not sure if you already posted it and I just missed it. Thanks!

Highlander_1

Reaction score
I have air suspension and pressure my KO2’s (20”) to 36 psi, I adjusted the pressure to 3 psi over recommended pressures. when installed at 70 degrees as weather temps in NS will drop to well below freezing in our winters. They have flat spots from setting over night that smooth out in a few miles first thing in the mornings. Ride is good so is even wear.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I'd love to upgrade my stock rims and tires on my 2019 Laramie. However, I'm currently suffering from the slight vibration issue as posted on other posts. Did any of you have the vibration issue before replacing your tires and/or rims, and after replacing them, do you still have issues with vibrations?

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Nittos have some road noise. I can hear mine at higher speeds but it is not like a mid tire. Doesn’t bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothninja

Reaction score
We have KO2s on two jeeps and nitros on the Ram and another Jeep. The Ridge grapplers are louder for sure, but nothing like the Trail grapplers, which are true mud tires. I only notice the hum from the Ridge grapplers when I’m on an enclosed road, like y’all trees on both sides. I never hear the KO2s. But I chose the Ridge Grapplers for looks, because they look Amazing!!!

clotagames

Reaction score
I went +1 size on Nitto Ridge Grapplers but just took them off at 10,000 miles because they were noisy. Put them on another 1/2 ton at work to use them up. Put a set of Falken Wildpeak at3w in the standard 20" size in non LT and am very happy with them so far. The Nitto's looked real nice but did not like the hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online