5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grappler VS BFG KO2

dakmary

Reaction score
I’m planing to install a 285x65x20 (or 35x11.5x20) on my 2019 limited. I noticed the Nitto Ridge Grappler is very popular here on the forum. Any one has an experience with the BFG KO2? Which of the 2 has a softer and quieter ride? The truck is driven 95% on highways.

I’m hoping I won’t have ANY rubbing issue if I’m leveled

TML4Ever

Reaction score
I love my KO2’s. Third set. Quiet. Great grip in dry and snow. Wear really well. Only complaint is a little slippery in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
My KO2’s have never let me down. I live in the mountains and drive in all types of weather, including lots of highway for work. I’m leveled and don’t have any rubbing issues with the 285/65/20. Hope this helps. 23,000 miles.

Last edited:

JHRebel

Reaction score
I’ve loved ko2s on all my jeeps but I must say my experience with the nittos so far on my ram has been superior, I plan on changing over the ko2s on our wrangler to ridge grapplers when
It’s time...can’t go wrong with either, but I personally now give the clear edge to the Nittos. JMHO

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I’ve loved ko2s on all my jeeps but I must say my experience with the nittos so far on my ram has been superior, I plan on changing over the ko2s on our wrangler to ridge grapplers when
It’s time...can’t go wrong with either, but I personally now give the clear edge to the Nittos. JMHO

Any experience with them in the snow? I like the more aggressive look of the Ridge Grappler but I’m on KO2’s because they are winter rated, and they’ve been great in the snow. I’d hate to switch over just for looks but sacrifice performance in the snow 4-5 months a year!

JHRebel

Reaction score
Any experience with them in the snow? I like the more aggressive look of the Ridge Grappler but I’m on KO2’s because they are winter rated, and they’ve been great in the snow. I’d hate to switch over just for looks but sacrifice performance in the snow 4-5 months a year!
No, unfortunately not personally but enough people I know have given me glowing reviews on snow performance that I’m not worried...however, I’ll have to see for myself.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
No, unfortunately not personally but enough people I know have given me glowing reviews on snow performance that I’m not worried...however, I’ll have to see for myself.

That’s good to hear...thank you

Pyleketerson

Reaction score

Since you have some experience with both tires can you elaborate on why you like the Ridge Grapplers? My only other tire experience besides the KO2 is with the Duratracs so I’m genuinely curious about the Ridge Grapplers. Thanks!

Zeeya

Reaction score
I’ve had both. 3 sets total w each getting over 60,000 miles except last set. Dumped the F150 for the ram.
The ridge grapplers were very quiet and compliant on the highway after I got my air pressure adjusted to my liking. I went back to the KO’s only because of the confidence factor on the terrain that I deal with 2 weeks out of the month. W Texas kaliche roads. No smooth river rocks out there. 34.7/11.5
Note: fuel mileage for me was a little lower with grapplers. Could be due to heavier weight and softer
Goodyear’s ride good and not really any noise, but man they hold rocks. This is after 806 miles on I20 down I49. All interstate. Coming home

Attachments

• 3BA9DB2E-3816-441D-B5A3-20E72BEBECED.jpeg
    3BA9DB2E-3816-441D-B5A3-20E72BEBECED.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 262

Beard

Reaction score
I’m on my 2nd truck with ridge grapplers, and they are AWESOME! Both 1/2 tons. I’d maybe check out a lower load range if you are worried about sacrificing ride quality. I have load range E on both trucks and you can notice a decrease in the ride. Dry, wet, and snow traction is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased my last truck with KO2s already on it. I liked them so much that I purchased two more sets in my 9-10 years of ownership. Note: these were the E-rated flavor, as it was a heavier truck.

RamSco

Reaction score
I’ve read and heard a lot of good stuff on the Ko2’s. I have about 4,500 miles on my first set of Ridge Grapplers and I love them. Surprisingly quiet given the aggressive tread pattern. Prior to these, I ran Toyo Open Country AT’s because they were quiet and good in snow. But I’m liking the Nitto’s performance and aggressive looks.

Update: just completed a road trip through SW Montana with heavy rain, slush, snow and ice. Truck and tires performed awesome.

Attachments

• 106796BA-0E19-4FCC-AA55-D0324378C638.jpeg
    106796BA-0E19-4FCC-AA55-D0324378C638.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I have Ridge Grapplers on my JLUR Jeep and just put LT295x55x20 on my 2019 Limited. Love the tire and they are not noisy.
0a5c75ba7b8f74851ed33ec21ddc3f27.jpg
5d32e905c9b99116de56bc072d40273f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol I was worried for a second there when I saw “ 50 “ as opposed to 55. :)

heydre

Reaction score
I've driven 4sets of only KOs and KO2s (E rated) on my Chevy and GMC trucks...generally get 40-50k on them. Only complaint, since living in OR, is merely OK traction on icy or wet roads (especially after initial year or two of use). Ridge or Trail Grapplers are gonna be on my yet to be purchased Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online