5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grappler or G2’s

Milwaukean

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has installed Nitto Ridge Grappler‘s or Grappler G2’s on their 2020 1500 limited stock rims 285/45/R22? If so, do you have a photo?

Thanks in advance!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't buy the Terra Grappler G2's...if you're stuck on NITTO, get the Ridge Grapplers...MUCH better tire, but there are other options that may serve you better based on what you are looking for.

Milwaukean

Reaction score
Don't buy the Terra Grappler G2's...if you're stuck on NITTO, get the Ridge Grapplers...MUCH better tire, but there are other options that may serve you better based on what you are looking for.
What are the better options you recommend?

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I put the Terra Grappler G2 on my stock 22's (2021 Limited) and very pleased with them. Good in the snow, not loud at all. Wish I went with a little bigger tire for the rim but the tire has been great. My 2 cents.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I put the Terra Grappler G2 on my stock 22's (2021 Limited) and very pleased with them. Good in the snow, not loud at all. Wish I went with a little bigger tire for the rim but the tire has been great. My 2 cents.
According to NITTO support, the G2's are an outdated rubber technology and that people only buy them based on the fact they are less money than the Ridge Grapplers which is why they still sell them. I am sure they are "good" tires...there are just several better choices out there.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Was a little torn between the Ridge Grapplers and Toyo OC AT3s but no complaints with the AT3s. I think they look great and even with the change from 3ply to 10ply tires the road noise and 'stiffer' ride is very minimal compared to the crap GYs IMO. I also heard from others that the RGs are not very good in wet/snow conditions so that and no mileage warranty stirred me toward the AT3s as well.

Good luck!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to NITTO support, the G2's are an outdated rubber technology and that people only buy them based on the fact they are less money than the Ridge Grapplers which is why they still sell them. I am sure they are "good" tires...there are just several better choices out there.
They also come with a warranty, which the Ridge Grapplers do not. Kinda sucks when your $2k tires are worn out in 30k miles, and you don't have a warranty. I agree there are better choices out there, though.

Users who are viewing this thread