5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition wheels not black?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have another set of Laramie 20’s with the Ridge Grapplers that will be my winter tire set after I black them out. Has anyone used plastic dip on wheels here and how has it turned out? Or should I paint them or have them painted?
I saw a set of those wheels powder coated gloss black and they looked real good! Cost a bit more obviously but I think it would be worth it

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have another set of Laramie 20’s with the Ridge Grapplers that will be my winter tire set after I black them out. Has anyone used plastic dip on wheels here and how has it turned out? Or should I paint them or have them painted?
Say a prayer to your God if you run those tires this winter

Scram1500

Reaction score
Rubber compound not grippy enough or just balding?
Balding on inner edge, like too much camber, the rubber is probably starting to harden they look like they have some age

Scram1500

Reaction score
How many miles did you get before having issues?
Not the miles as much as the years, 4-5 you can see evidence of hardening like dry rot, little cracks in the sidewall

Users who are viewing this thread