5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition wheels not black?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for all with the night edition package. My 2024 came with wheels that are Granite Crystal Metallic painted and not black as described in the package. From a distance they look black but aren’t.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Question for all with the night edition package. My 2024 came with wheels that are Granite Crystal Metallic painted and not black as described in the package. From a distance they look black but aren’t.
Mine are black. And look black close up.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For reference.

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 115

vincentw56

Reaction score
Looks black too me and looks like all night edition wheels.

mplaramie

Reaction score
They are black. The night edition wheels (23 Laramie) is a flat black. It looks like a dark gray/charcoal gray.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, figured I would ask because it is not the Diamond Black color but it does look identical to the Granite Crystal Metallic.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree - they appear to be more on the grey-ish color scale than on the black color scale. Either way, the best OEM wheels Ram offers. I just recently got a set with some 33" Ridge Grapplers. Best combo out there IMO

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, figured I would ask because it is not the Diamond Black color but it does look identical to the Granite Crystal Metallic.
You are correct, the Limited night edition wheels are not black they’re identical to the granite crystal metallic color. See pic of my wheel against my GCM truck and notice my lugs and tire are black. Not sure why RAM calls grey black. Same as the interior they call it black but it’s dark grey. They’ve done that for as long as I can remember.

IMG_3701.jpeg

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
The best wheel Ram offers is an aftermarket wheel. Life is short, get what you want.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The best wheel Ram offers is an aftermarket wheel. Life is short, get what you want.
I can't find a single aftermarket wheel that looks as good as my 20" night edition wheels. I've looked everywhere for 22s. And I don't like the factory 22" night edition, either.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They are not black. They are Black Noise paint code PNW.
I would call then a gunmetal Grey with metal flake if someone asked.

The Laramie Night Edition rims are in fact black, but not the Limited. No idea why they do it like that.

vincentw56

Reaction score
They are not black. They are Black Noise paint code PNW.
I would call then a gunmetal Grey with metal flake if someone asked.

The Laramie Night Edition rims are in fact black, but not the Limited. No idea why they do it like that.
That's why mine look black then. I have the 20". Never put them side by side. But mine are black for sure.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
OP should have specified he was talking about the Limited Night Edition wheels. There are definitely differences in the Night Edition wheels between the different models. It's been discussed here before when someone asked touch up paint for their NE wheels. I think that thread is in the Exterior forum if anyone is interested in reading that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
OP should have specified he was talking about the Limited Night Edition wheels. There are definitely differences in the Night Edition wheels between the different models. It's been discussed here before when someone asked touch up paint for their NE wheels. I think that thread is in the Exterior forum if anyone is interested in reading that.
Well OP's signature says he has a limited.

Limited and Laramie have different color on their night edition wheels. Laramie being actually black and Limited being what I listed above.
OP thinks they are Granite Crystal Metallic, but they are not (close maybe sure).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Limited and Laramie have different color on their night edition wheels. Laramie being actually black and Limited being what I listed above.
OP thinks they are Granite Crystal Metallic, but they are not (close maybe sure).
That comment was more aimed at people with other models and saying their NE wheels are in fact black.

I agree that they are not Granite Crystal. I tried some of my daughter's touch up paint from her GCM Rebel and the wheels are darker.

vincentw56

Reaction score

Well, the app doesn't show signatures.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the added information. I don’t think the Ram Build description specifies different matte or grey like black for night edition on laramie or limited. They might now since I identified it to Anthony and he is checking into it.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree - they appear to be more on the grey-ish color scale than on the black color scale. Either way, the best OEM wheels Ram offers. I just recently got a set with some 33" Ridge Grapplers. Best combo out there IMO
I have another set of Laramie 20’s with the Ridge Grapplers that will be my winter tire set after I black them out. Has anyone used plastic dip on wheels here and how has it turned out? Or should I paint them or have them painted?

Attachments

• 66847585864__7289F77B-AD24-4BD2-BFD0-9BF2315A59A4_Original.jpeg
    66847585864__7289F77B-AD24-4BD2-BFD0-9BF2315A59A4_Original.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 22

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've used plastidip on a few different things. It works fine for what it is, but you can definitely tell when someone has plastidipped their wheels. It holds up well as long as you apply it as directed. But if you're concerned at all with how the wheels look you might want to get them painted or powder coated.

Users who are viewing this thread