5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on a tune?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, however, it's not a valid question as GDE will not tune a California truck
There's not a California specific build for the Ecodiesel like there are with some cars and EVs. They just have a disclaimer that their stuff doesn't have a carb #, so if you took it for smog, it would fail and that isn't their problem.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's not a California specific build for the Ecodiesel like there are with some cars and EVs. They just have a disclaimer that their stuff doesn't have a carb #, so if you took it for smog, it would fail and that isn't their problem.

I think they won't ship to a California address.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Correct about no specific build and no CARB #. It's more than a disclaimer, they will not, cannot sell their tune to any California Vin #.

tom318

Reaction score
In addition he went from factory to GDE. I went from MrTuning to GDE. I feel like that may also play a bigger factor than I was initially thinking. I've had six months to adjust to a different throttle input map.
I have some safety recall warranty work that needs done and a few flash updates due on the bcm. It'll be a good time to swap back to oem and compare.
I know this is an old one but I’m in the market now for a tune/mods and seeing that you have had the 2 tunes that I’m looking into I’d be curious of your review comparing them. I have been set on going GDE and have just been waiting till I was closer to my 100k warranty expiring but now I’m seriously considering EOC and MR stage 2 tunes as I may have some failing parts under my truck. First I need to secure a spare PCM which looks to be a possible challenge but after that my wallet is ready to go!
Am interested in who has the TS exhaust and stage 2 tune from MR and what they thing. Positive and negatives?

Daverous

Reaction score
I'm not sure that my opinion on the EOC tune package would be too relevant these days. From what I've discussed with a few others that use their stage 2 and 1 software everything regarding my tune is obsolete, and more importantly, it's been mentioned publically that the tune I received really wasn't ready for prime time. I'm sure I could ask them to update it, but in the end, I was sold over 2K worth of items that don't meet their current standards. Doesn't leave a particularly pleasant taste in my mouth, even considering I'm the one that signed up for beta files. I've got other reasons behind my opinion that I'm happy to discuss privately, but I will say that my interactions haven't been confidence-inspiring.

Chris with EOC was top-notch on responses. T&S Speed Shop makes great products. I use their catch can and intake tube. A couple of minor fitment issues for me, but nothing major and I'd still recommend them. Their exhaust looks fantastic as well. I've actually eyeballed it several times as I consider options a year or two down the road. I couldn't build it for what they charge if I counted my hours, and I know their welds are way better than what I can do.

All that being said a lot of people continue to buy MRTuning and are thrilled with the results. About the only game in town for stage 2 these days. Your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread