5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie to RAM

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, so after nearly 3 weeks of trying, they were finally able to get mine ordered (and threw in the rear-tailgate-step which was not avail on the 4-corner-air package).

VON 44025249

Flamma

Reaction score
So it took 2 weeks for the dealer to get my order placed ..
and I had to remove eTorque to get that done ..
evidently, the order was submitted last Thursday .. I'm STILL trying to get the order number.
My salesman talks to his GM who talks to their 'vendor' ..

how long did it take others to get their information?

Ordered June 1st, walked out with VON. Got VIN a couple days later. Sounds like you're getting a bit of the run-around.

Flamma

Reaction score
OK, so after nearly 3 weeks of trying, they were finally able to get mine ordered (and threw in the rear-tailgate-step which was not avail on the 4-corner-air package).

VON 44025249

Rear deployable step? No issues here ordering it with the air ride. Anyway, congrats on the build and order. They seem to be pumping the late MY trucks out pretty quickly. Mine was built and in KZ status within 2 weeks.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was harassing my Salesman again just a min ago asking him a few things.
And I jokingly told him to get me my VIN (knowing it could take a week to get one).
He is a pretty darn cool guy!

He responded with the order sheet and gave me the VIN ..

SWEET!!

I have been trying to use the VOTS page, but it just spins for me.. is it still active link or did it die? Or does it still take a week or so for VIN or VON to post ??

thanks to @Flamma for his incite .. My salesman did confront the GM and had got the order placed :p

Flamma

Reaction score
Diamondback, once your truck is built (KZ), you should be able to pull your Window Sticker.

Mine hit KZ at day 13, and has been in delay ever since.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think they are waiting for MORE vehicles to ship out instead of just one? Maybe your's and mine will be on the same rail LOL (at least the first leg).

I do have the link for the window sticker link as well as the link for the Build Sheet, so I am looking forward to those :)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE :

well .. I had to stop by my local dealer yesterday and talk to my salesman.
I went to work and was "let go" after almost 7 years.
I told the dealer to give me until Friday (they had not yet cashed my down-payment check) so that I could figure out if I am staying in the area and getting a new job or moving to get the job I've wanted.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UPDATE :

well .. I had to stop by my local dealer yesterday and talk to my salesman.
I went to work and was "let go" after almost 7 years.
I told the dealer to give me until Friday (they had not yet cashed my down-payment check) so that I could figure out if I am staying in the area and getting a new job or moving to get the job I've wanted.

Very sorry to hear that. Use this as an opportunity rather than a setback. Go do something even greater. Keep us posted on everything.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got an email from RamTrucks -- rig will start being built on 1 JULY 2019

I updated the google sheet with the info.

EDIT: Confirmed -- truck is in the paint booth today

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE (personal life) .. well if any of you are following and remember me getting let go from my IT position last week had caused me to get frantic, mad, emotional, etc., I was just called by my local Baxter dealer and wanted to offer me an immediate position on the mechanics' side of the house. I explained to the manager it has been YEARS since I did anything officially, but have plenty of vehicles in my garages waiting on work (started new brake lines on my '04 Silverado HD, new supercharged engine waiting to be installed on my '99 Cobra, complete assembly of my '87 IROC-Z, etc.) My salesman had put my name on a 'waiting list' and the manager felt like I would be a great addition even without recent experience. I talked to a few of the main mechanics and they are the "I'm willing to train and help" type. So it sounds like I may have an "IN" and will find out this afternoon and may start as early as next week.

If all works out, then I can definitely continue with the purchase of my new truck (which was in paint booth Monday and Tuesday).

I will have to make sure my tools are all in good shape or I'll need to get a "starter set" from Snap-On when they visit the work place.

Tim N

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fingers crossed it all works out for you!!!

Thank you! I worked the past couple days and the job seems great so far. I will be working on the Used Car side of the house; Inspecting trade ins and re-certifying any CDJR (Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram) vehicles for sales.

I passed along the "WHISTLE" or "WIND NOISE" items I read about on here, and a few other items to the "New Vehicle Receiving Line" workers (like the Pano Roof Drains not being proper.)

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As vehicles (and servicing equipment) become increasingly technologically-laden, perhaps your recent IT experience will provide some benefit in your new role.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
UPDATE (personal life) .. well if any of you are following and remember me getting let go from my IT position last week had caused me to get frantic, mad, emotional, etc., I was just called by my local Baxter dealer and wanted to offer me an immediate position on the mechanics' side of the house. I explained to the manager it has been YEARS since I did anything officially, but have plenty of vehicles in my garages waiting on work (started new brake lines on my '04 Silverado HD, new supercharged engine waiting to be installed on my '99 Cobra, complete assembly of my '87 IROC-Z, etc.) My salesman had put my name on a 'waiting list' and the manager felt like I would be a great addition even without recent experience. I talked to a few of the main mechanics and they are the "I'm willing to train and help" type. So it sounds like I may have an "IN" and will find out this afternoon and may start as early as next week.

If all works out, then I can definitely continue with the purchase of my new truck (which was in paint booth Monday and Tuesday).

I will have to make sure my tools are all in good shape or I'll need to get a "starter set" from Snap-On when they visit the work place.

Tim N

I am sorry to hear about you being let go from your IT position. I work for a very large IT consulting firm with a major presence in Omaha. DM me on IG as Familycruisin and let’s see maybe I can help.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As vehicles (and servicing equipment) become increasingly technologically-laden, perhaps your recent IT experience will provide some benefit in your new role.

It actually already has someone with more experience discussing and issue in the service bay, I was like, "look, the wifi module is way too far away from your 'pit' .. that needs to be more centered so everyone can access it" LOL. Not to mention I used to do Car Audio installs back in the day and someone else was working on a speaker issue. I assisted with that one - let's hope the customer won't bring it back a 4th time.

I am sorry to hear about you being let go from your IT position. I work for a very large IT consulting firm with a major presence in Omaha. DM me on IG as Familycruisin and let’s see maybe I can help.

Paul

Thank you very much! I wish I had your reply last week. I was waiting for an offer from a 3mo contract bid for local DOT COMM center. If the BAXTER job doesn't work out, I will most definitely network with you for a replacement career :)

Tim N

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just found out my rig has already left the plant and was "spotted" in Illinois this morning .. WOOT!
Supposed to hit my local dealer next week or beginning of the week after (7-10 days)(17th-22nd)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
attaching my build sheet .. (can't obtain the Window Decal because the site is currently down).

Attachments

• BuildSheetServletRedacted.pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/