5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Update Today

jgmac98

Reaction score
My radio prompted me to update it today, so i clicked on yes. I don't have the version number right now and far too cold (-20 Celsius, I'm in Canada) right now for me to go look.

I'm all for system updates, however this new version REMOVED functionality. I have a 2022 Ram 1500 GT that on the home screen would display 6 gauges if the performance pages were set as one of the windows. It included the 5 gauges (Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Transmission Temp, Oil Pressure, Battery Voltage) that are also visible on the gauge section of the performance pages, but on the home screen the 6th gauge was Air Intake Temp. After today's update, that gauge is missing.

Also, not sure what the update fixed today but it has not solved at least two issues I've submitted in the past:
1. Horn not honking when locking twice with the remote. I've verified that the option is set to honk when pressed twice, but it still doesn't work. been this way since day 1 over a year ago now
2. randomly, the "home" button on the bottom row of the 12" screen forgets that i use the "dark" mode all the time and displays the bright back ground, as soon as i click on the "home" button again it goes back to the dark mode. This happens almost every time i start my truck and is fine until i turn it off.

@RamCares Why would RAM intentionally REMOVE a feature during an update. From what i can tell, there is no way for the Air Intake Temperature to be added back to the gauge screen (again, this is the home screen when displaying the performance pages, NOT the gauge screen in the performance pages).

Sanders

Reaction score
I have been having problems with mine for a while. Last week I tried a Factory Reset to see if it would help and I lost the automatic parking brake feature. I received a message on mine yesterday that the software level automatically updated but it didn’t do anything that I can notice. Glad I purchased a new truck - sarcasm.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My radio prompted me to update it today, so i clicked on yes. I don't have the version number right now and far too cold (-20 Celsius, I'm in Canada) right now for me to go look.

I'm all for system updates, however this new version REMOVED functionality. I have a 2022 Ram 1500 GT that on the home screen would display 6 gauges if the performance pages were set as one of the windows. It included the 5 gauges (Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Transmission Temp, Oil Pressure, Battery Voltage) that are also visible on the gauge section of the performance pages, but on the home screen the 6th gauge was Air Intake Temp. After today's update, that gauge is missing.

Also, not sure what the update fixed today but it has not solved at least two issues I've submitted in the past:
1. Horn not honking when locking twice with the remote. I've verified that the option is set to honk when pressed twice, but it still doesn't work. been this way since day 1 over a year ago now
2. randomly, the "home" button on the bottom row of the 12" screen forgets that i use the "dark" mode all the time and displays the bright back ground, as soon as i click on the "home" button again it goes back to the dark mode. This happens almost every time i start my truck and is fine until i turn it off.

@RamCares Why would RAM intentionally REMOVE a feature during an update. From what i can tell, there is no way for the Air Intake Temperature to be added back to the gauge screen (again, this is the home screen when displaying the performance pages, NOT the gauge screen in the performance pages).
Hello Jgmac98,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Should you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

When you find out what stopped the horn from working, let me know. I have the same problem, but there’s no way I’m going to the dealer for that.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started having the same issue with the home button a few weeks ago. My system updated Saturday evening to 26.17, but I haven't noticed any real changes and didn't pay attention to the home button.

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
When you find out what stopped the horn from working, let me know. I have the same problem, but there’s no way I’m going to the dealer for that.
I have had this stop working on several occasions. What I do to get it to work is go into the settings page and change the setting to sound horn either never or one press. After an ignition cycle, go back in and change it to sound with second press. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. Usually will last for a day or so but has been holding the setting now for over a week. Sure I just jinxed myself now and it won’t work tomorrow! 🤣

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, here's a new one... got in the truck, started it up and went down the road before I realized I couldn't adjust the volume. Steering wheel or dash knob would cause the number to change, but not the volume, plus it sounded like the driver door speaker wasn't working. Finally got into settings and realized it was stuck adjusting Nav volume. Turned head unit off/off, no change. Turned truck off/on, no truck. Did a soft reset and that did the trick for now. As I started off down the road though the Nav rebooted. Didn't affect volume though.

Users who are viewing this thread