5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Toyo Open Country AT III 325/50/22 - No lift, no air suspension

Ciege

Reaction score
Just got these put on. I had a deal with the tire shop to test fit them before I bought them. There is some slight rubbing at full lock that a bit of cutting will alleviate. Am still considering the RL 3.5 lift.

BEFORE:
PXL_20210517_185233472.jpg

AFTER:
PXL_20210517_212612643.jpg PXL_20210517_220653373.jpg PXL_20210517_220712149.jpg PXL_20210517_220722228.jpg

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I need to stop looking at these threads. I'm fighting hard to not give into my natural urge to oversize my tires because I'll never do any serious off-roading with this truck. Plus if I don't it won't stop at just the tires. :p Maybe it's time to start shopping for an old CJ that way I can go insane with the mods.

Ciege

Reaction score
Damn !!! . . . No rub ? No trim ?
Yes, as I wrote originally there is some rub at full lock. I trimmed some and took care of most of it. Still planning a lift in the near future.

Also, had to program the speedo to get it to read correctly again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Ciege

Reaction score
I need to stop looking at these threads. I'm fighting hard to not give into my natural urge to oversize my tires because I'll never do any serious off-roading with this truck. Plus if I don't it won't stop at just the tires. :p Maybe it's time to start shopping for an old CJ that way I can go insane with the mods.
I dont do serious off roading in this truck either (thats why I tow the SxS). But I do desert drive often out here in AZ. I wasn't going to go this big, but the shop gave me a smoking deal for the tires so I said F'it and went big.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These tires look really good in 22's. Side walls aren't overly aggressive.

Idaho970

Reaction score
Do you happen to have pictures of the clearance on the UCAs?
I’m seriously considering going this route. Looks amazing.

Floyd

Reaction score
What is the non-air suspension height equivalent to Air suspension? I keep seeing folks reference rubbing in diff modes, curious where a standard suspension compares.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I dont do serious off roading in this truck either (thats why I tow the SxS). But I do desert drive often out here in AZ. I wasn't going to go this big, but the shop gave me a smoking deal for the tires so I said F'it and went big.
I am just curious what do you consider smoking? I was thinking about getting another set of Ridge Grapplers but have been looking hard at the Open Country AT3's. The RG have been good to me for many years on several vehicles but am thinking about switching up to these?

jlc.collins

Reaction score
Yes, as I wrote originally there is some rub at full lock. I trimmed some and took care of most of it. Still planning a lift in the near future.

Also, had to program the speedo to get it to read correctly again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
How did you reprog the speedo?

Users who are viewing this thread