5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ram

Kramersp

Reaction score
Hello all. A little about me. I've owned all the brands. Ive had good times as well as issues with all of them (except my Nissan Titan, it had zero issues). Currently I drive a 13 F150 FC4 SC with the 3.5 L EB. I ordered a 2019 Ram 1500 black Limited with the 5.7L e torque, ram box, offroad pkg, and level 1 equipment group and body colored bumpers. I've never owned Ram because of all the quality issues starting in the 90's. I hope this one proves to be solid because I plan on driving the wheels off of it. I loved the interior and suspension so much that I'm taking the big gamble!
1f609.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
welcome. I still own a Ram from the 90's over 200k and still pulling and hauling like a champ. Pennsylvania winters on the other hand haven't been friendly.

Good luck with your order and your truck. I really like these trucks in black. Awesome that you got the off road package.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm new to Ram as well and ordered almost the same as you. Was in the market for a new truck last year and almost pulled the trigger on an F150 but so glad I held out for the 2019 Ram.
Now just waiting on a build date with eTorque and RamBox...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hoping a dealer around me will get one in stock as I want to drive one before I order it. Looking at a Rebel with E-Torque and Ramboxes.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I am excited for this truck. Also a bit nervous. I LOVE the interior, Ram box, and air suspension. But I have read about a ton of quality issues with the Ram brand. Also, Fiat isn't known for quality. The new Alfa Romeos have all sorts of stupid problems. And now with the production issues and a rumored 2,500 2019 trucks awaiting rework because of electrical issues, it makes me nervous. I am buying this truck because I retire from the US Navy in about 4 years and I want to retire with an awesome, comfortable and reliable truck to take me into my career change.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every brand has issues. Alot has happeed to alot of the brands. FCA in recent years has been very ahead of the game, recalling stuff before the regulators jump in...unlike a certain other brand who seems to wait til lawsuits and pressure from the regulators.

This is a totally new truck, except the drivetrain which was done on purpose.

I have owned every generation of Ram trucks including the ones known as Dodge and aside from the stearing issues, we have barely a complaint.

Thank you for your service and I sure hope your new Ram rewards you for it.

But in the time of the next 4 years there is going to be alot of awesome stuff released from the Ram Brand
1f609.png

Kramersp

Reaction score
Hope so. Hope I get my ram before the 4th of July so I can take it on a road trip to break in the engine! Cant wait to tow my bass boat with it. If you know, how does a drop hitch work with the leveling suspension?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
click on the line that says 2019 ram 1500 air suspension and hooking up, it is a link.

It is hard to see though that it is a link

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
devildodge said:
click on the line that says 2019 ram 1500 air suspension and hooking up, it is a link.

It is hard to see though that it is a link
FYI - it shows that the video is unavailable when the link is clicked

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks @SpeedyV. I could have swore it was there when I linked it.

It is hard to see that there is a link to click though also.

Thanks @Jared Balfour for posting the video.

Users who are viewing this thread