5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to RAM - 2019 RAM 1500 Classic SLT

Mandymc

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Mandy, and we are new to RAM. :) I joined the 5thgenrams not realizing we bought a 4th gen, so I am glad there is a thread for 4th Gens.

My family have always been Ford drivers. Mainly because my Dad preferred them and was a mechanic for Fords and Chevy's. My husband and I got a 2007 Ford Expedition a few years ago, it was a horrible experience so when we got fed up with the Expeditions Shenanigans we purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic SLT a few weeks ago. To my surprise my Dad approved and was proud of our choice. He helps me a lot with the mechanics/repairs of our vehicles so I felt it was important.

I look forward to learning and doing a lot of the mods and maintenance myself as my Husband is a truck driver with a tight schedule.
I installed a Bull Bar yesterday
ordered: Nerf Bars, Leveling kit and WeatherTech floor mats...
What I want to do/buy: Paint all Chrome black, Tonneau cover, Exhaust mods, better head lights and rear lights, *Husband wants to get a 4'' lift in the future but first we will level it*
I would love some advise on the leveling kit choice. Summit Racing only had a few options.
* Ordered Anvil Off-Road Leveling Kits 310AOR from Summit Racing. After further research my Dad said to return it and get something different.

Thank you for reading. Sorry it is long.
Mandy

Attachments

• 20200614_132624.jpg
    20200614_132624.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Resized_20200614_131656.jpg
    Resized_20200614_131656.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 57

KeithStone76

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Mandy, and we are new to RAM. :) I joined the 5thgenrams not realizing we bought a 4th gen, so I am glad there is a thread for 4th Gens.

My family have always been Ford drivers. Mainly because my Dad preferred them and was a mechanic for Fords and Chevy's. My husband and I got a 2007 Ford Expedition a few years ago, it was a horrible experience so when we got fed up with the Expeditions Shenanigans we purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic SLT a few weeks ago. To my surprise my Dad approved and was proud of our choice. He helps me a lot with the mechanics/repairs of our vehicles so I felt it was important.

I look forward to learning and doing a lot of the mods and maintenance myself as my Husband is a truck driver with a tight schedule.
I installed a Bull Bar yesterday
ordered: Nerf Bars, Leveling kit and WeatherTech floor mats...
What I want to do/buy: Paint all Chrome black, Tonneau cover, Exhaust mods, better head lights and rear lights, *Husband wants to get a 4'' lift in the future but first we will level it*
I would love some advise on the leveling kit choice. Summit Racing only had a few options.
* Ordered Anvil Off-Road Leveling Kits 310AOR from Summit Racing. After further research my Dad said to return it and get something different.

Thank you for reading. Sorry it is long.
Mandy
Congrats on the Ram! In 2018 I bought my first Ram/Dodge product and couldn't be more satisfied. Hope you enjoy Ram for years to come!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the Ram 1500 Classic, still a great truck. Welcome.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about leveling it if you plan of lifting it 4”. The kit for that would eliminate any level you do. So you’re wasting your money. But you can cut the rear springs a little to achieve the look for free essentially. Add led bulbs for your lights which should make you happy for brightness.

Users who are viewing this thread