5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Paint Correction - Questions

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an update after 3wks or so:

Washed the truck for the first time at 3wks. I was actually looking forward to this moment to see how the coating performed! I have to say after the 3 weeks the truck was still looking pretty good. I’ve noticed less dust collection over time, which was part of my hope going in.

I elected to wash with a rinse spray only, and that seemed to clean 99% of the dirt off the truck within one pass around the truck. The only thing that remained was some mud splash up from the front wheels. Overall, super impressed in the ceramic coating performance!

Water shedding was pretty kind-blowing. It was like watching marbles roll off the paint, absolutely nothing stuck.

Now, when I get certain lighting conditions, I can see high spots on the truck so I clearly didn’t do a great job of buffing the coating off. I’ll probably be the only person to ever notice it, but it’s definitely there. I’d want to install better lighting in my garage before attempting another vehicle - I simply couldn’t see flashing or high spots on the black paint when coating. That would be my area for improvement, for sure.

Overall, the paint correction went really well, and the coating performance is superb. Now to see how long it all holds up!

Users who are viewing this thread