5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Software Update Wireless CarPlay?

NewToRamSteve

Reaction score
I have never had anything under “apps” even after the update. I can’t seem to find where I would even add an app. I appreciate your help. Thank you again in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathange

Reaction score
I have never had anything under “apps” even after the update. I can’t seem to find where I would even add an app. I appreciate your help. Thank you again in advance.

587a520ae2bc0740fd3eda2e41330560.jpg

63662332cc1b099ed3e39f6028f64f2c.jpg

d4f42b49e26aaf640822c24ac4c34395.jpg

53ee5810faadfd762bb8f6a5075645c6.jpg

d75503d24b16b50b554763f30a54aa2f.jpg

NewToRamSteve

Reaction score
Way cool! Thank you for taking the time to do that. I do not have that on my screen at all. I have all of the others listed like yours, but not that one. When I go to my version, it says 21.18.14

Jonathange

Reaction score
Way cool! Thank you for taking the time to do that. I do not have that on my screen at all. I have all of the others listed like yours, but not that one. When I go to my version, it says 21.18.14

Hot the assist button the will ask for version number not software update and ask the WTF good luck my friend
a01d020020518bcc32115bc4f09648c3.jpg

NewToRamSteve

Reaction score
Lol, will do. Thanks again, I appreciate yours help!

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey buz did you get an update yet?me and u have the same system… let me know if you get the update already…so far I haven’t got it.
Nope. No update yet.
Like someone said, it may be a fix for the newer 2021 trucks.

mrprice77

Reaction score
Thank you all, I was afraid it was a hardware limitation, but never hurts to ask. Thank you again all!

I ordered an adapter from Ottocast that allows you to connect wirelessly to CarPlay. It works great... for about a minute. Now I have to send it back. There are a couple different adapters out there. I might try another.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Here is a very cool device that takes the wireless to a new level. Anything on your iPhone can be put on the dash screen.

Bw1605

Reaction score
In over a year my 2020 has never updated and the drive uconnet website always say my VIN is up to date. The Sirius lags so much.

shredwardc

Reaction score
I noticed that when changing Sirius channels using the steering wheel controls works a little strangely now. I'm not sure if it was always like this, but holding the button scrolls through channels 5 at a time. That's a cool feature that I don't mind...but if you click too fast to just go down one channel or two, the stupid thing suddenly goes 5 or 10 channels. Even if the 5 at a time feature was already there, I feel like the sensitivity was somehow tweaked, to the point where the switch is damn near useless.

Any other ideas what else has been messed with?

You got it Aspen. Mine is doing the exact same thing. Channels skip about 1/5 attempts to change channel…51,52,53,58,59…. I was on the phone with Uconnect assistant for 40 minutes and they said to take it in to the dealer.

I noticed the EXACT same situation on mine!

Add me to the list of people that are having the "channel jump" issue toggling through Sirius stations with the steering wheel control. Kinda annoying at the least....

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a very cool device that takes the wireless to a new level. Anything on your iPhone can be put on the dash screen.
Those are great. I need to get one

Soonerchic

Reaction score
My truck indicated it needed to update the software this morning. I started it and it took approximately 40mins to complete. I don’t see anything major except it says it now supports wireless CarPlay. I have an iPhone 11 with vs14 IOS and cannot seem to figure out how to connect CarPlay wirelessly. Still connects fine via wired. I deleted my phone and reconnected it, didn’t seem to help. I have checked several settings on my phone. Anyone else get CarPlay to work on 2021 Ram? Thanks in advance!

I’m having the same issue. Have you gotten any answers or fixes yet?

Users who are viewing this thread