5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Software Update Wireless CarPlay?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it fixes the Back-Up Camera / Trailer Steering Recall?

Malodave

Tdub

Reaction score
Sorry for being a little off topic here,

Sooo, I did the update this morning...now my surround view camera is looking like this. Seems like you can see the granite paint from the truck. Front camera looking magnified as well.
Dunno what to think.
Functioned perfectly before the update.

Maybe they are not related?

Attachments

• IMG_8353.jpg
    IMG_8353.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8354.jpg
    IMG_8354.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 184

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I noticed a similar view on my camera the other day, but then realized it was because the mirrors were folded in. I’ve only driven the thing a few times, so everything touches me by surprise right now. I’m guessing that you have a different situation.

SgtHartman

Reaction score
I've been trying to find details on the update, after mine applied I selected the option to view details and it had the vague "performance improvement" description with an option to learn more. That option told me to go to "vehicle care" in my "assistant" for more details.

Can't seem to locate that anywhere in my systems settings menus or the voice assistant commands, help, etc.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but I spoke to Uconnect tech support earlier today, and they confirmed that software v39 rollout is happening right now on all stereos. Mine is NFGL, currently on software v34 and it should receive an update soon.

P.S. Actual version of the software (not firmware version for your specific hardware, which is like a driver version on Windows laptop, not a version of Windows) is in the "Application version" line after LR letters.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-04 154135.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-04 154135.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 126

Tdub

Reaction score
I noticed a similar view on my camera the other day, but then realized it was because the mirrors were folded in. I’ve only driven the thing a few times, so everything touches me by surprise right now. I’m guessing that you have a different situation.
I think you are on to something! Dang, feel kinda derpy now...:LOL:

834k3r

Reaction score
I've been trying to find details on the update, after mine applied I selected the option to view details and it had the vague "performance improvement" description with an option to learn more. That option told me to go to "vehicle care" in my "assistant" for more details.

Can't seem to locate that anywhere in my systems settings menus or the voice assistant commands, help, etc.
Exactly my issue. I'd love to see what was included in the update, but can't find out how to access the information. Anyone know how to access it?

MikeyB

Reaction score
My 2021 Limited updated at 4 pm this afternoon. On the first drive home Apple Car Play (wired) no longer functioned, screen went black randomly, front cameras no longer worked....I spent 30 minutes with the Assistance line going through trouble-shooting only to be told I'd have to go to a dealership to get a hard reset (they can only do soft)....SMH....Everything was working perfectly until now.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score

Apparently, you're supposed to hit the 'Assistance' button on the roof console to access the Vehicle Care section... however, the message that came up when I did said I needed to activate 'Assistance' in order to do that. Well, I don't think it's all THAT important to me to activate something that I might potentially have to pay for as a recurring service that I'll never use otherwise - I'm funny like that.

SgtHartman

Reaction score
Apparently, you're supposed to hit the 'Assistance' button on the roof console to access the Vehicle Care section... however, the message that came up when I did said I needed to activate 'Assistance' in order to do that. Well, I don't think it's all THAT important to me to activate something that I might potentially have to pay for as a recurring service that I'll never use otherwise - I'm funny like that.
Ahhh gotcha, I thought about that button for a second and thought there's no way it means that just to check a software update details lol. Good catch!

MikeyB

Reaction score
Ahhh gotcha, I thought about that button for a second and thought there's no way it means that just to check a software update details lol. Good catch!
I hit the assistance button and it placed a phone call to UConnect Customer Service. I was calling for help with all the issues I had after the install, so forgot to ask if anything we would notice was actually in the update!

Update on my issues - thankfully they all resolved when I got back in the truck this morning!

AxileAspen

Reaction score
I noticed that when changing Sirius channels using the steering wheel controls works a little strangely now. I'm not sure if it was always like this, but holding the button scrolls through channels 5 at a time. That's a cool feature that I don't mind...but if you click too fast to just go down one channel or two, the stupid thing suddenly goes 5 or 10 channels. Even if the 5 at a time feature was already there, I feel like the sensitivity was somehow tweaked, to the point where the switch is damn near useless.

Any other ideas what else has been messed with?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon, or jinxed myself, or something along those lines. I went out yesterday afternoon and found my phone un-paired again. Dang - this was the longest run of staying paired yet! I was really hoping this UConnect update might've just somehow fixed my issue. It's been tough to trace it out because neither UConnect nor RAZR 2020 are maintaining each other's "previously connected devices" info after they un-pair from each other. As well, I noticed that once I'd paired them up again, UConnect won't let me select "Make Favorite" for the RAZR (grayed out). I tried pairing up the work iPhone with no issues, but even after having another device to choose from, it still won't let me select "Make Favorite" for the RAZR.

Coincidentally, my phone started griping at me a few days ago about updating to Android 11, and I'd blown it off until yesterday evening. Next phase of troubleshooting for me begins now, after having successfully updated the phone to Android 11. Let's see how long it stays paired this time. There's gotta be a setting buried deep somewhere that just needs to be flipped 'On' (or 'Off,' maybe).

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess this is a slow roll out.
I'm still on 20.04.19 and my truck sits outside with a clear view to the sky every day.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon, or jinxed myself, or something along those lines. I went out yesterday afternoon and found my phone un-paired again. Dang - this was the longest run of staying paired yet! I was really hoping this UConnect update might've just somehow fixed my issue. It's been tough to trace it out because neither UConnect nor RAZR 2020 are maintaining each other's "previously connected devices" info after they un-pair from each other. As well, I noticed that once I'd paired them up again, UConnect won't let me select "Make Favorite" for the RAZR (grayed out). I tried pairing up the work iPhone with no issues, but even after having another device to choose from, it still won't let me select "Make Favorite" for the RAZR.

Coincidentally, my phone started griping at me a few days ago about updating to Android 11, and I'd blown it off until yesterday evening. Next phase of troubleshooting for me begins now, after having successfully updated the phone to Android 11. Let's see how long it stays paired this time. There's gotta be a setting buried deep somewhere that just needs to be flipped 'On' (or 'Off,' maybe).
While it's certainly possible your truck is the problem, have you tried another model of phone? In my experience it can be hit or miss with different phones.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
While it's certainly possible your truck is the problem, have you tried another model of phone? In my experience it can be hit or miss with different phones.
I think it's a combination of the two, which is odd because I haven't heard of anybody else with Moto X-based Android phones having the same complaint. As I've mentioned, I have an iPhone XR for work, and it has no issues whatsoever - in fact, even though it hasn't been paired for weeks, it still maintains the UConnect information in the 'Previously Connected Devices' stack, as well as UConnect seems to have no behavioral issues with it, either. I'd also never had any issues like this until I picked up the Ram last month (none of our other BT devices are having issues with the phone, in other words - 3 other cars, home theater system, computers, etc.).

My buddy (mongo228) has the same Motorola RAZR 2020 phone, and a 2019 BigHorn 4x4 with UConnect 8.4, and he has zero issues with his. So that's why I'm wondering if it's a UConnect 12 issue with the Moto-X phones (and vice versa). If it drops again after have both the latest UConnect update AND the Android upgrade from 10 to 11, I'll be digging a lot deeper into this.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I think it's a combination of the two, which is odd because I haven't heard of anybody else with Moto X-based Android phones having the same complaint. As I've mentioned, I have an iPhone XR for work, and it has no issues whatsoever - in fact, even though it hasn't been paired for weeks, it still maintains the UConnect information in the 'Previously Connected Devices' stack, as well as UConnect seems to have no behavioral issues with it, either. I'd also never had any issues like this until I picked up the Ram last month (none of our other BT devices are having issues with the phone, in other words - 3 other cars, home theater system, computers, etc.).

My buddy (mongo228) has the same Motorola RAZR 2020 phone, and a 2019 BigHorn 4x4 with UConnect 8.4, and he has zero issues with his. So that's why I'm wondering if it's a UConnect 12 issue with the Moto-X phones (and vice versa). If it drops again after have both the latest UConnect update AND the Android upgrade from 10 to 11, I'll be digging a lot deeper into this.
I’ve read other threads where they‘ve removed ALL Bluetooth devices and “forgotten”(removed) the vehicle on the phones to fix these issues like this. It’s worth a try. 😉

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I’ve read other threads where they‘ve removed ALL Bluetooth devices and “forgotten”(removed) the vehicle on the phones to fix these issues like this. It’s worth a try. 😉
I'm not averse to giving it a reset - I'll read up on how much 'rebuilding' I'll have to do to the phone if I were to give it a bounce, and then be ready for it the next time it drops pairing. Oddly enough, neither the phone nor UConnect retain memory of each other as previously connected devices after they drop pairing - I also had to go in and 'forget' 4 other phones when I picked up the truck (thinking about it now, I could actually be dealing with someone else's issues that the dealership didn't take care of upon trade-in).

Users who are viewing this thread