5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sequential Turn Signals For Our Mirrors(Sorry Tow Mirror Guys, Not You..lol)

T4runnermods

Reaction score
I installed the turn signals, but they don't work. What can be done? I connected them to a 12V battery, they work, but not on the car....

CaliRebel

Reaction score
I installed the turn signals, but they don't work. What can be done? I connected them to a 12V battery, they work, but not on the car....
This might sound crazy but did you make sure you’re plugging them in the right way? When I was doing mine, I had to double check myself because the plugs look like they can be fitted backwards.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might sound crazy but did you make sure you’re plugging them in the right way? When I was doing mine, I had to double check myself because the plugs look like they can be fitted backwards.
The plugs on mine can only plug in one direction, that doesn't mean his set didn't get wires wrong, or they used a different connector.

Also, use the hazards to check. Then you don't have to start the truck

T4runnermods

Reaction score
Yes, I checked everything. the plug itself cannot be inserted in any other way, there is a guide in it

T4runnermods

Reaction score
perhaps there is not enough amperage
on the original 0.100 mA
on the new 0.300 mA

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I was able to knock this out this morning. I originally ordered a different light and the connector didn’t wouldn’t seat fully preventing the light from working. I then ordered the one linked here and it works great! Thanks for the tip on this modification. I like the blacked-out look when they aren’t in use and the fact that they are in perfect sink with my Morimoto headlight sequential turn signals.

The only area for improvement I can think of is for them to be a little brighter.

I am very happy with them. I found the best way to get the mirror off is to use a suction cup tool and a screw driver to pry the mirror out. Supper easy job. 30 mins start to finish, only because I took my time.

Last edited:

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Nice! Glad they worked out for you brother!
I felt the same way about them too when I first saw them turn on, wish they were brighter but we cant complain too much since the price is pretty cheap.

LarryK1500

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing mine today. Went pretty smooth - until I went to put the passenger mirror glass back in and noticed it was cracked! The adjuster just clicks so it must be jammed somehow. I will figure it out when I get the new glass, and get into a heated garage!

titan3636

Reaction score
Wanted to share a new product with you guys that I recently bought from Amazon. They are sequential turn signals that are direct replacements for the factory signals in the standard mirrors. They're plug and play, no wiring or modification required.
Picked them up from Amazon on Black Friday for $60 but I think theyre back at the regular price now for around $78. Still a good buy for what you get. Installation was pretty easy but the passenger side mirror will put up a fight before it wants to come out.

Heres a YouTube link that I posted:

Heres a link to the turn signals:
Amazon Turn Signals
just got some today, can't wait to install them! -- I have a suction cup tool. any tips on getting the mirror out? kind of worried about that. just stick it to the center and give a hard pull? or did you guys try and get a screw driver back there as well and pry the clips apart that hold the mirror to the motor? I can't find anyone online that actually shows a vid of the mirror being taken out.

Last edited:

CaliRebel

Reaction score
just got some today, can't wait to install them! -- I have a suction cup tool. any tips on getting the mirror out? kind of worried about that. just stick it to the center and give a hard pull? or did you guys try and get a screw driver back there as well and pry the clips apart that hold the mirror to the motor? I can't find anyone online that actually shows a vid of the mirror being taken out.
Nice!
All I used was the suction cup to get the mirrors out, didn't pry anything with a screw driver. The driver side was easy to come out but the passenger side will put up a fight. I guess you could try out the screw driver method if the mirror is really stubborn.

LarryK1500

Reaction score
Yes I just placed it at the center and yanked on it a few times and it came off.
Passenger side took me about 5-10 minutes of pulling and swearing lol
I used a small 2" suction cup to remove the glass. Driver side came out without a problem. Passenger side would not budge, I pried with a plastic panel removal tool along with the suction cup, and that must have been when I cracked the glass. I have since purchased a 4" suction cup. $20 @ Advance Auto.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but it would have cost me $15 in gas to get to the nearest Harbor Freight :rolleyes:
I just used a screwdriver. No need for a suction cup. Just have to be careful where you olac the tip on back of mirror. You want it right on the edge where the clips are. And it doesn't need to be a thick screwdriver.

Users who are viewing this thread