5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Recall Coming: Power Steering

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Perfect, thank you! Will cancel my appt and do it myself tonight.

Trying to wait to get all my warranty work with my first oil change.

Well, mine won't tighten to spec. Keeps turning. It's pretty tight and probably only 1-2 ft-lb away. Guess they'll have to order the parts when they do mine.

I'm still going to wait until my first oil change.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Perfect, thank you! Will cancel my appt and do it myself tonight.

Trying to wait to get all my warranty work with my first oil change.

Its your Ram, but if you do it yourself the recall will not be removed and still show you need it. But guess you can do it yourself and when you go in, have them do it so your Ram doesn't have a Recall showing it has not been done. Just a suggestion.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Had the recall done Monday, anyone have any idea how long it takes for the recall to show completed in the RAM app, or when you check it online using the VIN?
Mine still shows "Incomplete". Or did my Dealer not do something they were supposed to?

PTRAM

Reaction score
Had the recall done Monday, anyone have any idea how long it takes for the recall to show completed in the RAM app, or when you check it online using the VIN?
Mine still shows "Incomplete". Or did my Dealer not do something they were supposed to?

I wouldn't be concerned yet. Mine did the same thing but I had mine done on a Saturday and whatever information they needed to send was done Monday and then it showed completed on Tuesday. They may just be slow getting it sent in but no harm in calling and find out for sure.

Zebber

Reaction score
Just got an appointment to have my power steering recall done for Monday. Haven't had any problems yet but gonna get it done to make sure. Service manager said it would only take 10 -15 minutes. I just have to remove my Pulsar module before I take it in ,,just in case.

brewdad

Reaction score
once the warranty claim is submitted by dealer personnel on the dealer connect website the recall claims are paid instantly and the recall will be shown completed.

Zebber

Reaction score
Got my recall done yesterday, took about 15 minutes. One thing for sure, after removing the Pulsar module for the dealer visit and driving the truck to the dealer there was a big difference in the performance of the truck. I couldn't wait to get back home and re-install the Pulsar.

Shadow14

Reaction score
Recal paperwork came today too. I had already checked the terminal, which was already tight, with a torque wrench (the check torque was listed in another thread) and it took with no problem. I will eventually take it in when the weather is better to get it signed off.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the ground bolt recall done now I got the power adjustable pedals recall to do now.... I was told to not have a pulsar installed when I bring it in. Cold air intakes and exhaust are fine.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I called my service department to make an appointment for this recall as well as the brake pedal. They scheduled me for late next week. A few minutes later they’ve called back and said they have no parts to perform the needed repairs and they would call me when they receive parts from Chrysler.

This is the first I have heard anything about a parts shortage. Is this accurate?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called my service department to make an appointment for this recall as well as the brake pedal. They scheduled me for late next week. A few minutes later they’ve called back and said they have no parts to perform the needed repairs and they would call me when they receive parts from Chrysler.

This is the first I have heard anything about a parts shortage. Is this accurate?
I waiting on parts for the brake pedal recall.

Marusho

Reaction score
I had the steering ground recall and the brake pedal recall performed on Feb. 21, 2019. According to my dashcam the truck was in the shop for 16 minutes. When I scheduled the appointment I was told the labor would take 2-3 hours. I took a taxi home as I live outside their shuttle range, and the truck was ready long before I even reached home. If anyone has insight into exactly how long these two recalls should require, I'd like to know if you think they can be done properly in 16 minutes. I am skeptical of everything dealer-related.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like every time I need something for a warranty repair, there's an extended wait for parts. Either the failure rate is insane, or every available part is being put in a truck headed for a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread