5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Owner

DjS.

Reaction score
After years of owning nothing but Wranglers I finally upgraded to a 2020 Ram 1500. Being that I’m 6’8 it only made sense to get something with some leg room. I’ve had it about three weeks now and I love it. The only thing is I bought it in a different state, brought it home, decided to get an in state inspection done, took it to my local dealership, the tech who scraped the old sticker off sliced into my steering wheel three days after I got it. Good times.
08C9BDEF-97BC-4F9E-B4F6-2E063867EC83.jpeg 8C80B9E0-3C0C-4DA9-ADEE-6BB0CFE3CB56.jpeg

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Congrats to you and Welcome! Sorry to see that the dealer messed up on your steering wheel. Are they going to do anything about it?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad you have a truck you like. Require a new steering wheel, you really can’t fix a slice and it’s just going to get worse, IMHO.

RamCares

Reaction score
After years of owning nothing but Wranglers I finally upgraded to a 2020 Ram 1500. Being that I’m 6’8 it only made sense to get something with some leg room. I’ve had it about three weeks now and I love it. The only thing is I bought it in a different state, brought it home, decided to get an in state inspection done, took it to my local dealership, the tech who scraped the old sticker off sliced into my steering wheel three days after I got it. Good times.

Congrats on the new truck, @DjS.! I am however very sorry to hear about your steering wheel. If you plan to address this any further with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of suppor through that process.

Mark
RamCares

DjS.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, @DjS.! I am however very sorry to hear about your steering wheel. If you plan to address this any further with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of suppor through that process.

Mark
RamCares

The service department was very rude about it and told me they’d call me when my new steering wheel came in. That’s all he said so I’m assuming they will be taking care of it. We shall see.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!!

Sorry to hear about the steering wheel. I'm sure they will make it right, but what a PITA...

Like the blacked out Bighorn package in Billet Silver.. Sharp! ! :cool:

DjS.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!!

Sorry to hear about the steering wheel. I'm sure they will make it right, but what a PITA...

Like the blacked out Bighorn package in Billet Silver.. Sharp! ! :cool:

They’re definitely going to make it right! And thank you, I searched high and low for that color combo with the options I wanted and ended up finding it 4 hours and 30 minutes away. Definitely worth the drive!

DjS.

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new ride....bummer about the steering wheel :mad:

Yeah it sucks but I’m sure it was an accident and nobody got hurt because of it so it’s no big deal, plus it should be an easy fix.

DjS.

Reaction score
Glad you have a truck you like. Require a new steering wheel, you really can’t fix a slice and it’s just going to get worse, IMHO.

Yeah it’s already starting to get peeled from my hand rubbing across it from making turns. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

RamCares

Reaction score
The service department was very rude about it and told me they’d call me when my new steering wheel came in. That’s all he said so I’m assuming they will be taking care of it. We shall see.

I regret to hear this update. If you wouldn't mind following up with me via private message, I would like to escalate a case at this point so that your dealer can receive assistance getting the replacement as soon as possible!

Mark
RamCares

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They’re definitely going to make it right! And thank you, I searched high and low for that color combo with the options I wanted and ended up finding it 4 hours and 30 minutes away. Definitely worth the drive!
WOW ! !

You definitely knew what you were looking for and were determined to get it.

Was that 4 hours and 30 minutes a round trip or one way.?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
View attachment 56759 View attachment 56760
Congrats on your new truck.
Well, that stinks about the mishap. More than likely that happened getting out of the vehicle with a knife clipped to his right pocket.

DjS.

Reaction score

Yeah it’s already starting to get peeled from my hand rubbing across it from making turns. Hopefully it gets fixed soon
WOW ! !

You definitely knew what you were looking for and were determined to get it.

Was that 4 hours and 30 minutes a round trip or one way.?

That was one way lol. Let me tell you, driving that long in a two door Jeep Wrangler was rough, luckily I had the Ram to ride back in.

DjS.

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck.
Well, that stinks about the mishap. More than likely that happened getting out of the vehicle with a knife clipped to his right pocket.

I figured it was just a careless mistake, I just wish they would at least say sorry about it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it’s already starting to get peeled from my hand rubbing across it from making turns. Hopefully it gets fixed soon

That was one way lol. Let me tell you, driving that long in a two door Jeep Wrangler was rough, luckily I had the Ram to ride back in.
I bet that is long time behind the wheel.

I agree about the RAM ride, I recall the day I drove the truck off the lot, I thought it drove more like a Lincoln than a truck.

Smooth ride especially for a truck ! ! :cool:

DjS.

Reaction score
I bet that is long time behind the wheel.

I agree about the RAM ride, I recall the day I drove the truck off the lot, I thought it drove more like a Lincoln than a truck.

Smooth ride especially for a truck ! ! :cool:

Ha Ha, that’s what my wife said too. She said it was like riding in a Cadillac.

Users who are viewing this thread