5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner

XDBrad

Reaction score
Hello all, checking in from the Ohio Valley (Dayton area). Picked up my Laramie on 31 July fresh off the truck, loaded with off road and sport packages. Moving over from a 2015 GMC SLT Z71, just couldn’t resist the appeal and ride...

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, checking in from the Ohio Valley (Dayton area). Picked up my Laramie on 31 July fresh off the truck, loaded with off road and sport packages. Moving over from a 2015 GMC SLT Z71, just couldn’t resist the appeal and ride...

Welcome! Nice color choice. Anything you're going to miss about the outgoing GMC? (not bashing GM trucks at all, just curious to what things/features the members who have switched brands will miss)

Cheers!

XDBrad

Reaction score
My Laramie has everything that my SLT did except lane departure, navigation, and wi-fi connectivity. May be a few other options but since I haven’t noticed obviously I’m not missing them. I’ve always shied away from Dodge trucks in the past as we had them on the farm as a kid back in the 70’s and 80’s. Not the best years for Dodge... Anyhow I was looking to trade out of my SLT anticipating a price bump coming with the tariffs. I had another GMC picked out and was about to pull the trigger when I saw a 2019 Ram. Had to at least test drive right....? In the end my Ram dealer beat the GMC deal by about $3500, the curb appeal, ride, and $$ was enough to pull me this way. Only about 200 miles on her and the center cluster display went out, chalking it up to new model gremlins. Absolutely love how this thing drives and looks,

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another flame red ram, welcome to the site.

Your truck looks good, hope it treats you well.

Users who are viewing this thread