5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram 1500 DT FOX Suspension

Ajr

Reaction score
Was on Fox Suspension website the other day noticed some part numbers on there that “fit” the current Ram 1500 DT but cannot find anyone info of anyone that has installed or where to buy from

Ajr

Reaction score
Part number 985-24-231: 19-ON Ram 1500, Rear, PS, 2.0, IFP, 0-2” Lift

part number 985-02-136: 19-ON Ram 1500, Front Coil-Over, PS, 2.0, IFP, 0-2” Lift

The front is a coil over which looks like it’d be a good install for most if not all trim levels except the air suspension models as the Rebels have Bilstein struts and the Mopar lift will not work unless one was to buy regular ORP struts which sort of seems out of reason anyone done these or know where to purchase

Last edited:

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part number 985-24-231: 19-ON Ram 1500, Rear, PS, 2.0, IFP, 0-2” Lift

part number 985-02-136: 19-ON Ram 1500, Front Coil-Over, PS, 2.0, IFP, 0-2” Lift

The front is a coil over which looks like it’d be a good install for most if not all trim levels except the air suspension models as the Rebels have Bilstein struts and the Mopar lift will not work unless one was to buy regular ORP struts whist sort of seems out of reason anyone done these or know where to purchase
Interesting

302Visuals

Reaction score
I just ordered the front coil over set up. 0-2” lift. Plan to possibly add a 1.5” spacer on top to get a 3.5” lift.

Whitenight

Reaction score
The 2.5 series can go to 3 inches in the front, but says it would need a new UCA. The 2.5s for the rear only go up 2 inches, I wonder if you would need new springs then?

Ajr

Reaction score
I just ordered the front coil over set up. 0-2” lift. Plan to possibly add a 1.5” spacer on top to get a 3.5” lift.
Same thing I’m currently doing now I have a Readylift 3.5SST kit but not gonna use the preload and set coilovers at a 1-1.5” lift with the tophat 2” spacer that comes in the SST only issue I see is the rear Track Bar as the Readylift SST kit does not have a drop bracket for it and do not know of an adjustable or brand that sells separate track bar bracket or one that fits off another MOPAR

ElJoe

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to get the MOPAR lift and add the coilover to the front since the kit comes with everything, such as new UCAs and the track bar relocation bracket, etc...?

Ajr

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to get the MOPAR lift and add the coilover to the front since the kit comes with everything, such as new UCAs and the track bar relocation bracket, etc...?

Not sure if you’re aware but the Mopar lift does not fit the Ram Rebel models as those come with Bilsteins on them and you reuse the ring from factory front struts on to the new Fox Struts

Even when doing front Fox Coilovers now you’re talking about a $1300 Mopar lift kit
Plus $900 or so for Fox 2.0 Coilovers to simply have a rear track bar bracket

the 3.5 SST kit even tho was 900$ stole that thing BNIB for $300 and wanted to get it installed but dont want want to stiffen ride with the preload spacers. The Readylift control arms feel really good in quality compared to the plastic or composite whatever they are Factory and Mopar UCAs

At the moment I’m only using the Front top hat 2” spacer and UCA from the SST kit only leveling the truck. I want to use the rest of my SST kit which are the 2” spring spacers and taller bumpstop axle pads along with FOXs 2.0 front and rear but it’s strange how Readylift doesn’t think it’s necessary to have a Track bar Bracket but the Mopar lift includes one!

all in all I’ll be in it about $1500-$1600 ($300 for 3.5SST, ~$1300 FOX 2.0 Coilovers/rear shocks) and not $2,200 for a Mopar Lift plus front Fox Coilovers and be left with the Mopar UCAs and Front Struts left over that I can’t even use

think I’ll just bite the bullet install the rest of the SST kit and hopefully axle isn’t shifted too far over to one side

Ajr

Reaction score
As far as to those who don’t have a Rebel and want Front Coilovers that would be a viable option as the Mopar kit already includes Fox 2.0 rear shocks
what are you planning on the rear so it’s not squatting unless you’re cool with it and going for that Cali lean look lol

ElJoe

Reaction score
Didn't know we were talking about a Ram Rebel. My bad. I know the Mopar kit is roughly $1K. Also,
has the coilover set for $1K as well. Been wondering if its worth buying both. Use the coilovers in the front and sell the rears from the coikover kit and the front shocks from the mopar kit. I dont know.

302Visuals

Reaction score
As far as to those who don’t have a Rebel and want Front Coilovers that would be a viable option as the Mopar kit already includes Fox 2.0 rear shocks

what are you planning on the rear so it’s not squatting unless you’re cool with it and going for that Cali lean look lol

I ended up canceling my fox coils. They were in a 3 month back order. I instead went with a set of King Coilovers front and rear. For the rear I’ll run a 1.5” spacer on the spring.

Edro3

Reaction score
I ended up canceling my fox coils. They were in a 3 month back order. I instead went with a set of King Coilovers front and rear. For the rear I’ll run a 1.5” spacer on the spring.
Nice set up. Do u have a link where to purchase those king coilovers? Or did u buy from retailer near you?

zachg03

Reaction score
Hey i have a 19 Rebel with the mopar 2' kit, installed by the dealer, how does it not fit?

Ajr

Reaction score
Hey i have a 19 Rebel with the mopar 2' kit, installed by the dealer, how does it not fit?
Really that’s interesting mind taking pics of what it measures front and rear

what most likely happened is either a set of regular ORP strut spring perch retaining clips were used to have the Mopar lift work with the Fox front Struts supplied in the kit but cannot find those clips anywhere not even from parts dept and dont want to have to buy ORP takeoffs or new struts for some stupid clips

Heck if you get a chance and don’t mind take a pic or the rear Track bar relocation bracket part numbers to see if it’s sold separately

Ajr

Reaction score
Sounds great hopefully the rear axle doesnt shift too much to one side if not you’d need a track bar bracket which is the same pinch I’m in since nobody makes on currently to correct the rear geometry to close to factory

Makes me really wonder how similar the Jeep JT Galdiator is similar in rear suspension setup compared to Ram 1500 there’s currently a huge aftermarket for them and if track bar relocation brackets are similar that might just help solving age old question I need to take a trip to the dealers and look under them both
Been outta town working graveyard shifts for work so haven’t gotten around to doing much to the truck

zachg03

Reaction score
Really that’s interesting mind taking pics of what it measures front and rear

what most likely happened is either a set of regular ORP strut spring perch retaining clips were used to have the Mopar lift work with the Fox front Struts supplied in the kit but cannot find those clips anywhere not even from parts dept and dont want to have to buy ORP takeoffs or new struts for some stupid clips

Heck if you get a chance and don’t mind take a pic or the rear Track bar relocation bracket part numbers to see if it’s sold separately

Sure man ill get a few pics and measurements

wiendog

Reaction score
I am running the Fox 2.5 front coilovers and the rear 2.5 for 0-2 inch lift with ORP rear springs and a 1 inch spacer on the rear spring. Mopar kit would not work on my 2019 Laramie 4x4 with the 6'4" bed they bought it back.Tried the readfylift kit hated it.So I kept the UCA"s and the bump stop extenders from that kit.Finnally my truck is right.

Users who are viewing this thread