5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New radio!!!

RHut

Reaction score
After many trips to the dealership and probably several hours on the phone they have concluded that I need a new radio. Hopefully this will resolve all of the issues I have been having.

jk101

Reaction score
Good luck! I hope this resolves all the issues you were having, I read the other thread. I was about to call the Service Department and push for a new unit as well but luckily things looks good this morning. Here's the back story...

I picked up my truck on December 21 and it has been absolutely issue free
I went out of country for almost the entire month of May, so i had my son stop by and start up the truck a few times. I would normally never think of doing this but with the number of problems with this years version I figured, why not. Anyway I get back, hop in the truck and all the presets are gone. tried over and over and they just wouldn't save. Made an appointment to have the latest recall done and to update the software for the 12' screen. The service adviser said if the update doesn't resolve the preset issue they'll replace the unit. I have to be honest the last thing I wanted to do was start pulling apart the truck. Brings me to last night...I'm logged into the Sirius website and see an option to resend the signal to the radio...so I give it a shot but it doesn't fix anything. HOWEVER when i start up the truck this morning all of my previous presets are there!
I have to say I hope this is really fixed as I do not want to replace the unit if I can help it.

Anyway good luck with the replacement, fingers crossed

RHut

Reaction score
So far issue free! I finally put on the screen protector that I had purchased for it.

Only minor issue now is I was charged $15 for “changing radios” by Sirius

Seems like after all the time I’ve wasted I shouldn’t be charged extra for anything

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So far issue free! I finally put on the screen protector that I had purchased for it.

Only minor issue now is I was charged $15 for “changing radios” by Sirius

Seems like after all the time I’ve wasted I shouldn’t be charged extra for anything

Hit up @RamCares im sure they can work out some type of credit with your dealership. Give you an oil change certificate or something.

Users who are viewing this thread