5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BullRam

Reaction score
Hello everyone! BullRam here and new to the site. Currently driving 2021 Ram Laramie. I discovered this site through a google search and decided to join up.

BullRam

Reaction score
I do have a question for anyone that has experience in this type of issue. Because of the current "work from home" status my truck has sat for weeks at a time. Recently it wouldn't start so I used a charger to jump it. Eventually got it cranked and the battery is good but I have several lights on and they wont go off. Traction control, collision warning system is down, ABS system says it need service, etc. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for an hour or more to reset. I attempted to clear the system errors with an OBDII scanner that usually works on my other cars but no luck. Will I have to take this to a dealer to get them cleared?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lights will usually clear after a few cycles. These batteries seem very temperature sensitive ie below 10° after sitting a week. Radio can take a bit longer also. Common parasite can be the power plug they are sometimes constantly powered. Good luck and welcome

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum site. I am not sure about the power issue, if it doesn't fix itself, you may want to bring it in, I assume it's still under warranty so shouldn't be an issue. At least you saved some gas during that time :).

Users who are viewing this thread