5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from CT

Scottyluck

Reaction score
Hey all, just checking in. New guy from CT.
I just ordered a 2020 Rebel. This will be my 3rd Ram. I had a '98 Quad Cab and am currently driving a '09 Sport CC.

drstein

Reaction score
Got it. Grew up for 47 years NE Ct. Knew lots of people from those cities. Enjoy the truck ( when you get it !!)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Which dealer did you order from, how was the experience and what price do you have it quoted at? I realize that incentives will fluctuate however most dealers will give you the better of the two, when you ordered vs. whats available when it arrives (according to others who have ordered and stated that).

What color and options did you get? Was there anything you really thought about but didn't order?

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the inbound Rebel. I’m sure you will love it. Below is info on an additional rebate the dealer will probably not know about. Separate from everything else they gave you. File after you get your truck.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the inbound Rebel. I’m sure you will love it. Below is info on an additional rebate the dealer will probably not know about. Separate from everything else they gave you. File after you get your truck.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
It works (took appx 7 weeks), try it yourself. I have not had any insurance solicitations as a result, which is nice.

Scottyluck

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Which dealer did you order from, how was the experience and what price do you have it quoted at? I realize that incentives will fluctuate however most dealers will give you the better of the two, when you ordered vs. whats available when it arrives (according to others who have ordered and stated that).

What color and options did you get? Was there anything you really thought about but didn't order?
Local dealer. Experience was good. There wasn't a ton to deal with as far as price. I have a set price thru a program with my job. They did take off the dealer hold back and included the qualifying rebates available right now. Plus any additional rebates when the truck comes in. My bargaining chip was my trade in - a '09 Ram Sport CC with a good amount of rot coming thru the rockers. This dealer was no nonsense and gave me the best deal on trade.

Truck is a Flame red/Black 2 tone CC w/ Rambox, 5.7 Hemi w/o etourque, Level 2, Cloth 2 tone interior, 8.4" Nav, Pano Sunroof, BUG and several other items.

Only thing I was on the fence with was the air suspension. Decided against it. I never really gave the tailgate much thought. If I did I may have thrown that in too.

Scottyluck

Reaction score

Thanks for that!
I'm trading in a '09 Dodge Ram and my wife has a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Both are owned an not leased. So not sure how to get around that.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Thanks for that!
I'm trading in a '09 Dodge Ram and my wife has a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Both are owned an not leased. So not sure how to get around that.

might be tough but it’s worth a try imo. One member here said he filed with a trade in and just left that part blank and it worked? Nothing to lose I guess. App only takes 5 minutes.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Local dealer. Experience was good. There wasn't a ton to deal with as far as price. I have a set price thru a program with my job. They did take off the dealer hold back and included the qualifying rebates available right now. Plus any additional rebates when the truck comes in. My bargaining chip was my trade in - a '09 Ram Sport CC with a good amount of rot coming thru the rockers. This dealer was no nonsense and gave me the best deal on trade.

Truck is a Flame red/Black 2 tone CC w/ Rambox, 5.7 Hemi w/o etourque, Level 2, Cloth 2 tone interior, 8.4" Nav, Pano Sunroof, BUG and several other items.

Only thing I was on the fence with was the air suspension. Decided against it. I never really gave the tailgate much thought. If I did I may have thrown that in too.
Gears? I'm guessing you went 3.92.
The trades do cause a bit of a "shift" in numbers valuations. Everything that I've read (never tried it) was to get the out the door price then introduce the trade. I haven't traded so... don't know about that.
It sounds like they did do you right so to speak, dare I use the term "a good deal" :whistle: since they were willing to take off the dealer hold back and any qualifying rebates.
Was the dealer one of the DC ones that throws the transportation ($1600 ish) cost in at the bottom of the deal? I found that strange when I attempted to get one from a forum sponsor in the DC area.

Scottyluck

Reaction score
Gears? I'm guessing you went 3.92.
The trades do cause a bit of a "shift" in numbers valuations. Everything that I've read (never tried it) was to get the out the door price then introduce the trade. I haven't traded so... don't know about that.
It sounds like they did do you right so to speak, dare I use the term "a good deal" :whistle: since they were willing to take off the dealer hold back and any qualifying rebates.
Was the dealer one of the DC ones that throws the transportation ($1600 ish) cost in at the bottom of the deal? I found that strange when I attempted to get one from a forum sponsor in the DC area.
I believe 3.92 was the only option. I'm good with that.
Not sure what "DC ones" means. The transportation cost was right on the build sheet invoice I signed. No surprises there.
As far as the trade, like I said it was my only real bargaining chip in that that's where the biggest discrepancy was from dealer to dealer. Some thought the rot was a big deal. The dealer I went with didn't put much stock in it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I believe 3.92 was the only option. I'm good with that.
Not sure what "DC ones" means. The transportation cost was right on the build sheet invoice I signed. No surprises there.
As far as the trade, like I said it was my only real bargaining chip in that that's where the biggest discrepancy was from dealer to dealer. Some thought the rot was a big deal. The dealer I went with didn't put much stock in it.
Meaning District of Columbia, Maryland, N Virginia area. A large forum sponsor is there. I nearly drove the 12 hours one way to go there (DC) to get what was actually a pretty fair price (better than what I ended up paying by a couple grand) however the actual negotiations over the emails were less than satisfactory and I decided 24 hrs of driving just wasn't worth it.
Glad that the dealer you traded with didn't have a hissy fit over the rust. Maybe they already had it wholesaled out anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread