5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from CT - Pumped for my first truck ever!

petersandler

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just ordered my first truck ever yesterday after driving German SUV's for the last 20 years! Coming out of a Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid that I special ordered in 2012 whose odometer just crossed 200,000 miles. I've always been an admirer of Ram Trucks and the 5th Gens had me sold that I could make the switch from German cars and not look back! My future son-in-law bought a Big Horn back in 2021 and I was so impressed with how it drove, how roomy and functional the cab was, that I've been waiting for my Cayenne to give me a reason to say goodbye for a year. I just wanted to thank everyone here, this board has been a huge help in my research on the truck.

Got a sweet deal on the truck too, especially considering the current market. I have a dealer I've bought some Jeeps from before for my wife and kids who uses an affiliate program available through a group called Tread Lightly. That allowed me to pay 1% under dealer invoice, plus a $1000 rebate, and 0% for 48 months for just a $100 donation to Tread Lightly. Now, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part" and it will be interesting to see how long it takes. My dealer, who is super honest (yeah I know a few of you just spit out your beers) and has always been right on with delivery estimates on my previous special orders said 3 to 4 months (and they do 30-40 special order trucks a month). I'm dealing with the owners son, not some idiot sales guy. Obviously, I've seen the longer wait times posted here, and I'll add my VIN to the list when I get it. Again, thanks for all the help!

ben b

Reaction score
Congrats to you! Coming from Audis and Porsches, I was pleasanty surprised to find that not all oil changes cost $900. My RAM has been wonderful on runs to Home Depot and spectacular on all day drives. The waiting is hard, as you point out, but is definitely worth it!

Welcome aboard!

petersandler

Reaction score
:cool: Welcome aboard (y)
Merchant Marine! Nice! Before retiring and driving a school bus, I used to run the dry bulk freight trading and operations for one of the world's largest commodity houses. We'd ship about 50 million tons a year of dry cargo and 2-3 million tons of wet cargo. I have super admiration for guys who spend their lives at sea.

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just ordered my first truck ever yesterday after driving German SUV's for the last 20 years! Coming out of a Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid that I special ordered in 2012 whose odometer just crossed 200,000 miles. I've always been an admirer of Ram Trucks and the 5th Gens had me sold that I could make the switch from German cars and not look back! My future son-in-law bought a Big Horn back in 2021 and I was so impressed with how it drove, how roomy and functional the cab was, that I've been waiting for my Cayenne to give me a reason to say goodbye for a year. I just wanted to thank everyone here, this board has been a huge help in my research on the truck.

Got a sweet deal on the truck too, especially considering the current market. I have a dealer I've bought some Jeeps from before for my wife and kids who uses an affiliate program available through a group called Tread Lightly. That allowed me to pay 1% under dealer invoice, plus a $1000 rebate, and 0% for 48 months for just a $100 donation to Tread Lightly. Now, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part" and it will be interesting to see how long it takes. My dealer, who is super honest (yeah I know a few of you just spit out your beers) and has always been right on with delivery estimates on my previous special orders said 3 to 4 months (and they do 30-40 special order trucks a month). I'm dealing with the owners son, not some idiot sales guy. Obviously, I've seen the longer wait times posted here, and I'll add my VIN to the list when I get it. Again, thanks for all the help!
where did you order from?

petersandler

Reaction score
same as me—i haven’t gotten mine yet, but so far they’ve been a pleasure to deal with. Mark emailed me out of the blue with a delivery update while he is away in vegas.
He's super easy to work with. He's the only person ever to sell me more than 1 vehicle and the only car salesman I would ever recommend if someone asked.

Users who are viewing this thread