5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member and new to trucks

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I'm a new member, but had been creeping on the forums for a while before registering.

I'm in the DC area and am looking to order a truck late summer/early fall. I currently drive a Hyundai Azera and, after we had a kid in December, I realized how hard it is to pack everything for a road trip with a baby into even a full size sedan! I've had sedans and SUVs in the past, never had a truck, but have always liked them from afar.

I test drove an F-150 a few months ago and quite liked it, which sold me on trucks in general, but I think the 2019 Ram's interior looks way, way better, and I love the idea of the RamBoxes.

I'll test drive a Ram in June, once the local dealers have a sufficient stock to make test drives easy. If the test drive goes well, I plan to place an order in August-October for a Longhorn in either blue or red (I'll need to see both colors in person), with the saddle/black interior, RamBoxes, and all the goodies.

I look forward to joining the truck community!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
welcome. Trucks can do it all. And these days they have by far become luxurious. Which is why you are seeing the big switch away from other types of vehicles

25 mpg with all the room you want and all the power you need alone is the perfect reason, let alone you can haul stuff and tow things.

Good luck with your purchase...Hope it ends up being a Ram

habu987

Reaction score
devildodge said:
welcome. Trucks can do it all. And these days they have by far become luxurious. Which is why you are seeing the big switch away from other types of vehicles
Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking for luxury with my next purchase--when I was planning to stay with a sedan before I figured out the size issue, I'd planned on purchasing a Genesis G80 this fall.

Pictures of the Longhorn and Limited interiors look excellent, I'm hoping they'll be just as nice in person.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
habu987 said:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking for luxury with my next purchase--when I was planning to stay with a sedan before I figured out the size issue, I'd planned on purchasing a Genesis G80 this fall.

Pictures of the Longhorn and Limited interiors look excellent, I'm hoping they'll be just as nice in person.
Same as me. I was deciding between Genesis G80 and Truck and have settled on RAM 1500 Limited. Just waiting for eTorque, RamBoxes and seeing Indigo/Frost interior as well as the Silver, Metallic Metal and Granite in person before ordering. Welcome to the Forum.

habu987

Reaction score
Closing the loop on this, ordered a Patriot Blue Longhorn on 8/10. Order details are in my sig, but I'm really looking forward to getting it...by 2020! :p

Hanmore

Reaction score
I have owned a 2009 ram with the cargo box.. no problems. traded for a grande cherokee. Owned 4of them with no problems. Bought a 2017 Acadia Denali. lasted 3 weeks disapointed. Traded in on an XT5 Cadilac . not happy.
Traded in on a 2018 Buick enclave avonair. lasted 2 months. Finally bought a 2019 Ram limited with carco box.
Just cannot beat a good truck.

Users who are viewing this thread