5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member and having a hard time

Hotrod9354

Reaction score
I’m from jersey and I’m loving the new rebel 2019. I found the perfect one with an msrp of ($57,400). My monthly payments would be crazy since I have a leased 2017 Wrangler recon Rubicon but even without the trade the 3 dealerships won’t work on the msrp. They all tell me they only have a few rebates and they can’t give a dealer discount on the truck. Is this normal? Any help would be great

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To get a good idea of the deal they are offering you, we would need to know more information about the trade/etc....

At this time, you should be able to get about $7K off the Rebel--that includes incentives, rebates, dealer discount. Whatever the trade balance/liability comes will offset that number. Trading in at this point in a lease can be brutal. The dealer CAN discount the truck, but if demand is high, and they are moving off the lot as fast as they come in--especially the more desirable models--then it will be hard to negotiate a great deal.

I would request some "online pricing" on the truck itself to get an idea of the "starting place" for negotiations. If this is THE truck you want (you note it is perfect), then be willing to spend some extra $ to get what you want. Currently the deals on on the Big Horns.

All the best on your negotiations.

Hotrod9354

Reaction score
To get a good idea of the deal they are offering you, we would need to know more information about the trade/etc....

At this time, you should be able to get about $7K off the Rebel--that includes incentives, rebates, dealer discount. Whatever the trade balance/liability comes will offset that number. Trading in at this point in a lease can be brutal. The dealer CAN discount the truck, but if demand is high, and they are moving off the lot as fast as they come in--especially the more desirable models--then it will be hard to negotiate a great deal.

I would request some "online pricing" on the truck itself to get an idea of the "starting place" for negotiations. If this is THE truck you want (you note it is perfect), then be willing to spend some extra $ to get what you want. Currently the deals on on the Big Horns.

All the best on your negotiations.
I appreciate it.. the dealerships I have talked to give me about 2,500 in rebates and that’s all, they won’t touch the msrp with a discount. I guess I should wait off on the truck till the lease is closer to being paid off

Users who are viewing this thread